Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- flat rate scheme 1,903 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 237 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 99 1
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 108 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 629 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 113 3
- Company Share Buy Back 110 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 923 15
- Unpaid share capital 249 3
- Company car in the LLP 175 2
- Physiotherapy 337 4
- New build property to be rented 160 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,882 52
- Hello 357 2
- Sage 200 question 111 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 102 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 170 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 176 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 216 4