Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,324 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 270 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 854 18
- NALS Accountants Report 102 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,469 35
- Legal title not in the company name 273 10
- Dividend dates 563 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 129 3
- Sole properietor 172 4
- transitioning payroll 239 8
- dividend proposals 107 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 234 2
- Deduction from Salary 299 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 195 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,726 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 92 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 437 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 158 2
- 12 Pay Problems 255 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 89 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 311
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176