Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 248 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 192 4
- SA302 283 6
- Go Cardless 333 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 226 3
- Hmrc software 230 3
- Mehjoo 269 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 115 1
- Hosted email exchange 174 5
- South African Government Pension 182 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 169 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 291 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 310 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 246 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 150 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 289 7
- New Email Extensions 206 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 321 2
- Dental practice incorpration 159 1
- Audit rules 186 4
- Xtuple 512
- Qtac payroll for bureau 351
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 295
- Industrial & Provident Societies 286
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 183
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 179
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 164
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147