Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- RTI Filing 1,743 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 60 1
- Wrong career 47 1
- Fee's for P11D's 287 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 208 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 40 1
- reporting salary? 165 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 315 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 270 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 89 3
- Value pricing 577 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 383 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 217 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,307 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 94 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 135 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 81 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 215
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 161