Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 215 14
- Residency test 185 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 138 3
- Wear and tear allowance 421 9
- VAT Turnover 47 1
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 71 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 101 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 298 5
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 111 4
- Company purchase of shares 266 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 104 2
- VAT QUESTION 140 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,101 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,225 15
- Why should I retain membership? 2,251 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 486 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 671 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 163 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 100 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 164 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 683
- Auto enrolment excuses 624
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 174
- Digita Hosted Software 170
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 139
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130