Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,386 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 335 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 579 11
- calculate mortgage interest 118 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 206 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 587 27
- Depreciation 163 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 137 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 225 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 184 3
- client can't/won't pay 452 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 206 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 258 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 271 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,195 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 278 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 221 5
- HMRC SA software error? 191 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 180 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 793
- Copy Wanted 507
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 465
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 457
- Latest phishing scam 296
- Entrepreneurs' relief 283
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 258
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 246
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 243