Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 18 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,045 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 948 11
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 171 10
- Buying a horse?? 199 8
- What's in a name ? 1,103 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 210 2
- Audit 311 8
- Awkward IP 1,384 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 784 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 481 7
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 627 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 771 22
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,114 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 139 1
- carry back of gift aid 194 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 309 8
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 257 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 571 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 254 3
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 433
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 270
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 209
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154