Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 266 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 386 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 162 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,115 13
- Really?! 817 10
- CIS 214 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,176 16
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,375 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 649 15
- VAT 701/49 query 227 2
- backpack 302 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 167 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 252 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 350 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 199 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 168 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 197 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 138 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 256 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 468 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 705
- 2015 tax year end 440
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 416
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 357
- Costly Accounting Software contract 314
- Directors' advances and credits 255
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 255
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 222
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 203