Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 832 21
- Gift aid procedure please? 473 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 190 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 241 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,253 35
- Mortgage Reference 573 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 290 7
- Insovent companies 892 19
- New Build 229 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,301 48
- BrightPay quirks 260 2
- Website Content 210 1
- Personal Tax 641 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 217 1
- USA Tax Query 328 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 444 5
- last minute request 673 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 379 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 414 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,753 25