Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 23 1
- corp tax software 924 13
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 19 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 293 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,603 72
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 244 7
- Email hacker for hire ... 276 7
- Audit partner? 201 5
- Can't read my handwriting 526 12
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,661 471
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 110 7
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 673 15
- Is this fraud? 829 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 406 4
- Fees for Property Tax Return 441 10
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 289 6
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 203 4
- Flat rate scheme 352 4
- PPR posers 257 6
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 919 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,360
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 401
- Non Resident 313
- Hands on experience of Digita 233
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 214
- Employer's Helpline 181
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 143
- Donaldson V HMRC 139