Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- salary earned outside UK 116 3
- Contact number for HMRC Banking? 80 1
- Difficult handover 119 2
- Sale of overseas investment property 92 2
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 230 4
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 219 4
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 506 9
- PAYE & NIC 527 27
- German VAT registration? 72 1
- Can I call Agent Dedicated line to request UTR be posted? 95 1
- revenue or capital if 163 1
- WIP valuation at year end 181 3
- What does PITA mean? 1,026 22
- How far back can a direct debit be claimed back by client? 768 7
- Accountex speakers 195 1
- Interim dividends 317 7
- Business loan not in client's name 225 3
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 450 5
- Company Payroll 326 3
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,258 8
- Sanzar 508
- Digital marketing focus group 405
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 385
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 353
- Sainsbury's mangement 350
- Continuity Agreement 334
- Avanti Accounts 334
- Buyback 290
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 241
- Aggresive sales from Iris 217