Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 689 5
- See you all on the other side 727 6
- 12Pay 493 2
- dividends 684 2
- R&D 344 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,206 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 459 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 450 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 401 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 562 5
- Seeking a tax case 670 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 611 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 456 2
- Moving to the cloud 765 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 927 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 226 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,109 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 517 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 359
- Capitalising Finance Lease 337
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 333
- USA help 324
- Marginal rates of tax 323
- Class 2 NI 310
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302