Small company accounts
Be gentle with me, as I am in a purely audit environment with 1 active private client.
This client formed a limited company on 11 February 2010. I changed the accounting reference date to 31 03.
The client has had no income to date, but has been incurring a lot of expenses as he searches for the right location to take up a franchise. The company is VAT registered.
I can prepare company accounts for him to 31 03 11. (These are due by 11 November 2011.)
My question is, what do I need to invest in?
VT Software will produce iXBRL accounts, and also the disclosures should be ok, but what about HMRC? Taxcalc is very expensive, considering I only have one client, and do not have the inclination at present to get more clients. Can I use the HMRC software, or do I just ask them to accept a nil return for the 13.5 months period to 31 03 11? If they accept a nil return, can this be manual?
Thanks in anticipation
- Directors loan - no longer a director 271 3
- Budget 2015 predictions 87 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,893 32
- Telemarketing 90 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 417 10
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 88 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 114 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 106 1
- Husband Wife let property 77 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 73 1
- Gift between companies 102 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 113 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 446 6
- Why .... 693 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 934 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 540 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 431 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 272 6
- Relevant life plan 306 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 157 2
- Possible Partnership? 587
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 496
- New Fangled Penalties 400
- Clubs and Taxable Income 322
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 293
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 246
- Loans to other companies 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 208
- Outsource Data Entry 198
- Moving away from CCH software 195