Small Company Business Rate Relief - how to avoid?
A small limited company client leases one small shop premises and wants to lease additional small premises for manufacturing. Each property has a rent charge of around £6,000 and business rates value of around £4,000 each.
I think the Small Business Rates relief only applies where there is one business premises, and not two. Is this correct?
If so is there a legal way around this? The client does have a dormant company and could put one of the leases in the second company, and could trade one business via the separate company, if that would make a legitimate difference. The second company isn't a subsidiary but is under common ownership and directorship.
Thanks for any advice on this.
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 722 28
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 92 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 379 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 298 8
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 194 9
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 94 6
- Help with tax codes on Sage 217 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 128 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 231 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 124 4
- SA302's anyone?? 496 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,591 41
- Renting for military reasons 145 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,520 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,036 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 107 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 125 1
- do i pay vat when buying a business 505 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,986 30
- Tax status of prizes 320 17
- Skandia using wrong address 1,614
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 894
- International interest certificate 505
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 280
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Management expenses for investment company 257
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 169
- tax on apprenticeship income 164
- P11D benefit received by widow 147