Small Company Business Rate Relief - how to avoid?
A small limited company client leases one small shop premises and wants to lease additional small premises for manufacturing. Each property has a rent charge of around £6,000 and business rates value of around £4,000 each.
I think the Small Business Rates relief only applies where there is one business premises, and not two. Is this correct?
If so is there a legal way around this? The client does have a dormant company and could put one of the leases in the second company, and could trade one business via the separate company, if that would make a legitimate difference. The second company isn't a subsidiary but is under common ownership and directorship.
Thanks for any advice on this.
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 242 5
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 141 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 151 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,166 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 384 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,150 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 134 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 266 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 165 2
- V T Software 211 2
- Thinning income 346 3
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 139 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 349 4
- tax credits 274 4
- Past rental expenses 126 1
- What do do about VAT? 553 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 291 5
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 194 2
- Audacity 1,329 22
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 696 8
- NHS finance professionals 599
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 390
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 334
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 325
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 306
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 273
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 230
- IFA income recognition & reporting 200
- Incorporating doctors 193