Small Company Business Rate Relief - how to avoid?
A small limited company client leases one small shop premises and wants to lease additional small premises for manufacturing. Each property has a rent charge of around £6,000 and business rates value of around £4,000 each.
I think the Small Business Rates relief only applies where there is one business premises, and not two. Is this correct?
If so is there a legal way around this? The client does have a dormant company and could put one of the leases in the second company, and could trade one business via the separate company, if that would make a legitimate difference. The second company isn't a subsidiary but is under common ownership and directorship.
Thanks for any advice on this.
- Tax efficient vehicle 429 8
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 111 2
- Business only use of company car 182 5
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 207 7
- Buying a business premises in a pension 152 2
- Goodwill on incorporation 495 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 338 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 147 2
- Sage Accounts in a mess 223 4
- Retail business software/accounting system 134 2
- Bank reconciliation 225 7
- Practice software 637 13
- Dividend Tax Petition 264 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 433 16
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 190 9
- Certificate of Tax Deposit and APN's 107 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,292 77
- Going through security 222 4
- Bad debt write off - definition of associated/connected company 145 3
- Input tax on property 116 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 237
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 223
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 213
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 211
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 199
- Web site and client access area advice 182
- Expenses Software 179
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 166
- CTA Material 159
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 159