Small Company Business Rate Relief - how to avoid?
A small limited company client leases one small shop premises and wants to lease additional small premises for manufacturing. Each property has a rent charge of around £6,000 and business rates value of around £4,000 each.
I think the Small Business Rates relief only applies where there is one business premises, and not two. Is this correct?
If so is there a legal way around this? The client does have a dormant company and could put one of the leases in the second company, and could trade one business via the separate company, if that would make a legitimate difference. The second company isn't a subsidiary but is under common ownership and directorship.
Thanks for any advice on this.
- Receipt bank 29 1
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 55 3
- Unbelievable!! 139 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 64 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 77 4
- Do we have to register for VAT? 111 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,605 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 226 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,317 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 799 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 264 4
- Non resident income. 291 15
- Use of home deduction 646 21
- How to pay? 134 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 114 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 137 3
- White van man 734 25
- Car Allowance and Fuel Card for Business Mileage 125 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 244 7
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 343 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 417
- Entrepreneurs' relief 385
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 343
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 308
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 219
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199