Small Company Business Rate Relief - how to avoid?
A small limited company client leases one small shop premises and wants to lease additional small premises for manufacturing. Each property has a rent charge of around £6,000 and business rates value of around £4,000 each.
I think the Small Business Rates relief only applies where there is one business premises, and not two. Is this correct?
If so is there a legal way around this? The client does have a dormant company and could put one of the leases in the second company, and could trade one business via the separate company, if that would make a legitimate difference. The second company isn't a subsidiary but is under common ownership and directorship.
Thanks for any advice on this.
- Tax Allowance on University Course 278 2
- MS Surface Pro 3 237 5
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 166 3
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 110 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,031 28
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 312 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 680 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 586 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 676 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,268 45
- practice planning 225 3
- Accounts Software 750 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 511 14
- Dividend Vouchers 405 5
- Gift to employee 436 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 191 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,147 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 215 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 177 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,703 10
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 501
- CTA study material 475
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 348
- Pre incorp expenses 338
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 282
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 275
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 220
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 177
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 151
- Employment related securities question 137