Small Company Business Rate Relief - how to avoid?
A small limited company client leases one small shop premises and wants to lease additional small premises for manufacturing. Each property has a rent charge of around £6,000 and business rates value of around £4,000 each.
I think the Small Business Rates relief only applies where there is one business premises, and not two. Is this correct?
If so is there a legal way around this? The client does have a dormant company and could put one of the leases in the second company, and could trade one business via the separate company, if that would make a legitimate difference. The second company isn't a subsidiary but is under common ownership and directorship.
Thanks for any advice on this.
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 134 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,040 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 370 4
- Setting up a practice 377 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 493 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 453 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 266 1
- Love is in the air 537 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 653 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,806 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 589 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 268 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 262 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 573 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 582 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 387 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 395 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 455 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 301
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 291
- CGT for NOn UK residents 280
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 254
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 238
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 221
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 213