Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 112 1
- Which software for practice books? 305 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 127 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,632 33
- Accountant software 293 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 448 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 91 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 423 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 230 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,882 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 81 1
- Renting property to yourself 323 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 386 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 103 4
- register as self employed? 128 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 152 1
- VAT enquiry 99 1
- Write off of former director's loan 241 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 264 4
- Capital gain or not? 149 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 646
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 186
- Tax efficient holding company structure 175
- Investment property company accounts template 163
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 159