Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Shares paid - petty cash 177 4
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 32 2
- Software recommendations? 174 2
- Is an ex-gratia payment to a company taxable 107 5
- Freehold Property Depreciation 250 11
- Charity accounting 148 5
- Accounting for Film Rights 54 2
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 585 1
- Limited Company expenses 85 4
- client issues 759 5
- Why .... 289 5
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 78 1
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 74 2
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 140 2
- Claiming VAT without invoice 78 2
- Sell business after leaving country 441 13
- Tiwan contractor 127 3
- Rental Income 78 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 161 2
- Auto enrolement and PAYE 120 1
- Possible Partnership? 566
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 489
- New Fangled Penalties 366
- Clubs and Taxable Income 302
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 282
- Loans to other companies 226
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 218
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 190
- Outsource Data Entry 183
- Moving away from CCH software 161