Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Changing shareholding ratio 49 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 109 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 49 1
- ICPA 410 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 659 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 136 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 515 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 158 3
- Delayed option to tax 171 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 194 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 831 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 333 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 411 7
- Redundancy Pay 322 4
- question about merging two companies... 195 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 436 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 232 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 503 5
- VAT charged on non-VAT Invoice 304 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,239 20
- Sainsbury's mangement 819
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 643
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211