Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Accountancy Career 330 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,699 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 94 1
- Accounts Software 158 5
- HMRC Agents Line 217 4
- calculation DTR restriction 91 1
- Company Director In Prison 462 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 85 1
- AWeb - download file 180 3
- Charity work 248 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 267 6
- Director Drawings 184 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 274 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 239 7
- Collection or business assets 117 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 277 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 109 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,677 70
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 683
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204