Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 187 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 36 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 572 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,233 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 197 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,455 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 165 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 824 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 67 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 277 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 78 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 191 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,070 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 397 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 141 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 208 3
- FPS or EPS 155 2
- Continuity of Practice 210 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 135 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 317 10
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 225
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197