Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- 100% Xero practice 2,118 35
- Vat treatment of charity business income 109 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 862 18
- Company Accounts 125 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,195 343
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 186 6
- Donations (to a school!) 430 11
- Vat on Royalites 83 1
- Umbrella Company 145 2
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 431 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 82 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 160 5
- Mortgage deposit Gift 432 18
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 173 3
- property rental income split 255 3
- Shadow director or alternative? 468 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 140 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 101 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,274 5
- Use of home for storage 336 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 405
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 310
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 236
- Non Resident 222
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 161