Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Value pricing 211 8
- Audit Required 86 2
- company secretarial software 137 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 122 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 59 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 186 1
- Rental Income 297 6
- Payroll 2012/13 100 1
- I have a pain 690 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 77 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 167 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 730 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 117 3
- Cash flow 144 2
- New use of home - simplified method 235 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 264 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 389 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,952 32
- Share restructure 334 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 152 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 730
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 499
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 343
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 341
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 262
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 198
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 182
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 174
- Director Loan account operation 146