Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Entrepreneurs Relief 439 18
- international employer please help!! 133 4
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 26 1
- RTI overpayments gap 168 1
- Capital gain? 231 6
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 257 1
- RTI - Petition to move filing to 19th of month 152 1
- Authorised share capital 51 2
- accounting for this transaction 383 4
- Sage payroll alternatives 490 10
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 210 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,456 26
- CGT 358 15
- Substantial shareholding exemption and foreign subsidiaries 55 1
- CGT 197 3
- Gift Aid 223 5
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 247 3
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 254 2
- Compliance check 595 16
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 131 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,101
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 784
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 470
- Digita Hosted Software 284
- Call Centre Data Costs 254
- Credit where credit's due....... 231
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 214
- Director phone costs 179
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 151
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 147