Small Company Investment in Ltd Co registered in Kenya
I have recently taken on a new client who is a management consultant with a turnover of under £100k. The income is generated in the UK and the accounts are very straight foward apart from the fact that the client has made six seperate payments for the purchase of shares in a private company registered in Kenya with a view to a possible joint venture in the future. The total investment at the year end is is just under £50k.
I intend to show this as a fixed asset investment (unlisted) with an appropriate accounting policy for permanent diminution in value.
My questions are:-
1) I have seen a certificate of incorporation for the company in Kenya and letters from that company confirming the 'increase in holding'. The directors will confirm the transactions in a letter or rep. Do I need to verify these transactions further in anyway and if so how? I assume that share certificates would cover it. Does anyone know how to go about a companies search in Kenya?
2) Are there any other accounting, disclosure or corporation tax points that should be considered.
Thanks in advance.
- Anybody still doing returns? 723 31
- Clothing 514 13
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 138 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 160 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 78 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 344 16
- Designated sole Residence 139 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 718 15
- Anyone know what this is? 237 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 894 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 508 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 264 9
- no utr 289 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,122 49
- Director drawings 606 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 293 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 91 1
- Capital Loss 131 3
- LLP formed in 2013 103 1
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 206 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 954
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 675
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 622
- Latest phishing scam 598
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 437
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 325
- Scratch Head 264
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 255
- Sabbatical payments 217
- Negligible Value Claim 197