Sole Trader - Capital Allowances on ceasing
I registered as self employed to run a small photography business and have claimed annual investment allowance in the last two years for equipment purchases totalling around 7k.
What is the situation with this when I cease trade? I believe that if I sell the equipment then any sale proceeds will count as trading profit on my SA and therefore essentially what's happened is I've received tax relief on the depreciation, is that correct?
What if I keep any of the equipment, how do I treat that for SA purposes? Do I act as if I'd received market value for the assets, thus creating the same situation as if I'd sold them to another party?
Also do I need to tell HMRC as soon as I cease to trade, or at the next SA submission?
- Insovent companies 867 19
- Rounding errors on CT600 185 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,194 33
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 140 2
- New Build 173 1
- Mortgage Reference 499 6
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,292 48
- BrightPay quirks 174 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 794 20
- Website Content 125 1
- Personal Tax 618 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 121 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 161 1
- USA Tax Query 286 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 431 5
- last minute request 640 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 340 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 374 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,731 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 985 6