Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 177 5
- Are the creditors correct?? 71 3
- accounts software for a hotel 67 1
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 175 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 94 2
- Franchise affiliations 186 3
- Gift to son by parents 422 5
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,694 82
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 81 1
- CGT on Let Property 422 8
- Company investment 225 7
- Seeking advice: Scottish LP VAT exclusion exact Law and Article 63 2
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 61 1
- Strike off after accounts submitted 182 2
- What is your favourite font? 475 12
- New company uses old Bank Account 134 1
- When to register or not for PAYE 377 7
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 248 3
- Strike off 321 8
- Opening Balances with very little info... 203 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 351
- Any thoughts on Capium? 303
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 279
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 260
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 244
- auto enrolment 225
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 171
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 154