Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 83 1
- Networking 305 5
- Turnover on a tax return 445 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,204 33
- VAT refund 262 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 257 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 284 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 107 1
- incorrect old p60 504 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 322 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 243 2
- IT Contractor 275 1
- Sage instant account codes 180 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 275 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 325 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,963 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 336 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 311 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 287 3
- Missing tax return 426 4