Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,470 388
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 121 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 236 13
- P11D Query 179 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 174 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 159 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,268 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 549 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 270 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,286 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 139 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 183 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 113 1
- Scottish but not UK 333 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 295 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 267 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 115 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,328 25
- Company Accounts 448 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 115 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 433
- National Insurance 333
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 249
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 158
- Hands on experience of Digita 153