Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- 27,000 Really? 378 17
- West Bromich Albion 81 1
- accounting entries for over payments 47 2
- EYU adjustment to 13/14 PAYE 62 1
- This is getting boring 277 9
- Legal title not in the company name 490 18
- Child tax credits 288 5
- VAT on printing when being a third party 51 1
- NALS Accountants Report 227 3
- VAT - Recharge 178 6
- Employment Allowance 320 5
- Farm barn lettings 70 1
- CIC Company 586 10
- transitioning payroll 321 9
- dividend proposals 226 5
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 291 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,931 61
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,562 36
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 225 5
- Redundancy pay for directors? 568 14
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 629
- Cancelled 368
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 346
- Cancelled 318
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 293
- Probiz 278
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 246
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 238
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 210
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 180