Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 106 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 309 6
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 94 3
- CGT history of shares 159 3
- CGT on sale of let property 78 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 131 2
- how do i get UTR 97 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 70 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 219 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 326 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 102 1
- Your comments please 289 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 173 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 103 2
- EIS 190 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 102 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 106 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 104 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 710 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 198 1
- Moving away from CCH software 963
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 375
- fraud 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 272
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 218
- Out of time or not? 202