Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 20 1
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 49 1
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 693 6
- US royalties 19 1
- What's in a name ? 81 2
- Sole trader mix up 235 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 862 27
- Help Required 185 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 194 4
- Filing company accounts 104 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 463 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 139 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 243 7
- Bulk Invoicing 142 5
- late second payment on account 104 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 148 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,350 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 149 2
- What would you do in this situation? 386 9
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 565 6
- CTA study material 686
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 416
- Employment related securities question 259
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 191
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 173
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 140
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 127