Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 94 3
- The stupidity continues 553 21
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 509 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 193 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 105 1
- transactions after account have been closed 136 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,335 25
- New Employers Helpline 193 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 205 3
- Software recommendations 265 1
- Share transfer question 372 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 316 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 177 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,430 19
- Overlap relief 753 19
- What is IRIS World like? 362 8
- Pension contributions 373 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 500 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 193 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 275 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 438
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 297
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 199
- Small Part Disposal of Property 187
- Uncommercial property business 179