Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 226 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 238 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 591 12
- Personal Tax 491 11
- USA Tax Query 166 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 287 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 350 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 410 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 174 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 332 4
- last minute request 514 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46