Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 606 31
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 313 9
- Practice management 167 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 73 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 224 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 92 1
- IHT and cash gifts 91 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 151 7
- Clothing 206 4
- VAT registration transfer 161 3
- Sponsorship & VAT 93 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 132 2
- Director drawings 418 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 106 1
- HMRC SA302s 220 3
- What does the "K" signify 445 7
- Director or self-employed 166 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 139 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 144 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 615
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 581
- Latest phishing scam 536
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 380
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 349
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 283
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 203
- Capital allowances in first basis period 192
- Sabbatical payments 180