Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 167 9
- client threatening legal action 1,795 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 676 8
- Partially exempt? 239 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 86 1
- First VAT Visit for client 226 4
- Dividend in specie 226 7
- Lorry Drivers 136 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 96 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 96 1
- Mexican student in UK 116 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 195 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 298 12
- payroll software 128 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,052 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 109 1
- Pricing 333 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 250 5
- VAT 117 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 852 18
- Skandia using wrong address 488
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 273
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 217
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160