Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Christmas party 78 1
- Am i Liable? 78 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 733 10
- Checking a contract 286 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 306 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 219 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 151 7
- VAT on garage rent 318 14
- Value-shifting 59 1
- Pattern for CTA 204 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 441 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 78 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 213 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 234 5
- EBT 174 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 172 8
- Giving a seminar 527 28
- Joint Filing Help 104 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,244 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 252 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,204
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 600
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 404
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 311
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 191
- Alphabet shares 186
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 180
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 169
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 160