Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Reversing out RTI 61 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 279 8
- Capital Gain? 389 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 263 6
- BrightPay 602 18
- Classic cars investment 231 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 193 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 313 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 308 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 258 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 813 21
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 243 2
- H&W company 203 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 173 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 165 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 139 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 799 32
- VAT silly question 2,397 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,087 10
- Federation Accounts 364 10
- Benchmarking 489
- Possible Partnership? 432
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 410
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 409
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 348
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 208
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 206
- Clubs and Taxable Income 194
- Income tax on foreign dividends 189
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 184