Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 636 10
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 232 7
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 296 7
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 246 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 236 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 101 1
- General tax book with planning 224 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 161 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 536 14
- Gift of property & improvements 150 3
- VAT Invoice 207 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 280 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 379 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,275 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 313 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 821 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 140 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 266 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 178 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 903
- International interest certificate 514
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 310
- Management expenses for investment company 270
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 177
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 165
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 146