Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 115 3
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 53 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 22 1
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 725 13
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 32 1
- About your hairdresser clients 467 18
- How does one compete? 653 8
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 105 4
- Employee tears suit... 203 3
- PAYE & NIC 749 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 54 1
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,541 28
- Great Service 1,229 16
- Keytime 260 2
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 458 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 271 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 192 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 731 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 187 1
- HMRC debt collectors 235 3
- Sanzar 526
- Digital marketing focus group 411
- Sainsbury's mangement 376
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 373
- Continuity Agreement 352
- Avanti Accounts 352
- Buyback 305
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 253
- Aggresive sales from Iris 245
- Charity volunteers and mileage 206