Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 460 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 839 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,334 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,979 39
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,599 23
- VAT & capitalising 121 3
- Final year's accounts 147 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 269 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 295 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 310 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 243 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 137 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,978 36
- Invoice Help 249 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 179 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 251 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 237 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 591 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 179
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166