Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Accountants' Error 687 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 143 3
- Scoot 179 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 148 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 195 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 660 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,447 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 107 1
- Regaining my qualification 195 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 226 2
- Auto enrolment 190 3
- Shareholder agreement 170 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 194 3
- Company Reorganisation 162 3
- Employee Loan 205 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 464 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 593 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 145 1
- Wear and tear allowance 463 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 761
- Any views 695
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 354
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 253
- IRIS Open Books problem 243