Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Time recording 26 1
- Land Registry 240 3
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 18 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 60 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 492 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 944 13
- Auto Enrolment 652 4
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 167 5
- Transferring rental property to limited company 380 12
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 792 19
- Company Number 10000000 324 4
- Advertising Tips? 265 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,507 29
- IR35 354 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 391 12
- Revenue phishing examples 200 1
- iris update 11.9.2 184 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 447 13
- 2015 tax year end 531 1
- Company Structure 293 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 730
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 431
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 371
- Costly Accounting Software contract 355
- Directors' advances and credits 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 249
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195