Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Payroll Software Recommendations 84 3
- Received a CIS invoice 47 1
- PPR Sanity Check 55 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 80 1
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 299 4
- saturday staff 89 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 445 3
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 122 2
- Incorporation and goodwill 163 3
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 279 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 376 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,343 47
- Self assesment losses 367 9
- Disposal of an opted property 211 3
- Fee protection 984 19
- Payroll systems 439 8
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 193 3
- dividend 292 12
- overdrawn directors loan 299 6
- Irish Taxation 184 6
- Xtuple 571
- Qtac payroll for bureau 392
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 347
- Domain name sale and limited company 242
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 216
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 216
- Tax on damages received 190
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 187
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 153
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 145