Sole Trader Car Query
Got myself in a muddle over this one and hoping someone would lend a hand.
Client (sole trader) bought a car and claims expenses for business usage (80%). Car is low CO2, so 100% capital allowance involved.
New financial year, and thinking of not using it for business purposes anymore, ie all private usage.
In HMRC's eyes, the client owns the car, so would you just not make any further claims for it? Or is there a deemed disposal to heself and a capital profit (80%) exist.
Also what if the client purchases a new car but still has the old car?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 267 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 590 9
- 31st october deadline 360 6
- Property gift to sister 86 4
- RTI Late Registration query 133 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 213 2
- Payroll software 135 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 209 2
- Accounting for display stands 227 7
- Companies House Search 292 3
- VAT training 253 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 260 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,509 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 306 3
- A Friday Funny. 314 5
- Something for the weekend? 256 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 554 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,251 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,538 26
- Coming out of flat rate 155 1
- NHS finance professionals 708
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 401
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 384
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 218