Sole trader final year
I purchased approx £3k worth of equipment back in May 2011, which I have used in my part time business (sole trader). I'm now looking to become limited and I've recently been told that I can't claim AIA or any kind of tax relief for that equipment, as I will be ceasing my sole trader-ship.
This will make a large dent in my tax liability - is there anything that I can do to mitigate the burden?
Thanks in advance.
- VAT refund 39 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 172 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 141 1
- incorrect old p60 346 8
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 228 3
- Missing tax return 347 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,079 30
- Inflation and fees 1,384 24
- Sage Priority Support 175 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 200 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 229 1
- Related party disclosure 207 3
- Company reconstruction 139 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 234 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 174 1
- Advice please! 419 2
- VAT on new builds 188 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1