Sole trader final year
I purchased approx £3k worth of equipment back in May 2011, which I have used in my part time business (sole trader). I'm now looking to become limited and I've recently been told that I can't claim AIA or any kind of tax relief for that equipment, as I will be ceasing my sole trader-ship.
This will make a large dent in my tax liability - is there anything that I can do to mitigate the burden?
Thanks in advance.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 288
- Set up a company pension 242
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 213
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 182
- EIS 176
- Driving sales growth 175
- Regiatration of a Trust 170
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 168
- Where's our 10%? 168
- Double holidays for Euro bank accounts ! 154
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 150
- Best structure 144
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 144
- IHT business relief of unlisted loan stock 144
- Break up basis accounting 140
- Forms P11D[b] and Payment Slips 140
- Property owned privately 134
- Can I defer direct customer acquisition costs? 134
- Mortgage application for intending director. 133
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 127