Sole traders and cars
A sole-trader client is looking to purchase a new car but has been refused credit. She has asked whether the car could be bought in her mother's name and the business use still be treated as an allowable expense. Her mother has no connection with the business.
My gut instinct is no, but then I wonder if it would make a difference if she went down the approved mileage rather than capital allowance route. But then I wonder if I'm over-thinking it!
A second opinion would be much appreciated.
- Practical experience 814 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 404 9
- Personal Tax 112 1
- VAT 299 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 146 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 110 1
- last minute request 205 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 112 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 76 1
- Cash gift from India 480 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 69 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 412 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 93 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 235 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,140 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 648 6
- Overseas workday relief 157 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 303 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 667 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 123 1