Sole traders and cars
A sole-trader client is looking to purchase a new car but has been refused credit. She has asked whether the car could be bought in her mother's name and the business use still be treated as an allowable expense. Her mother has no connection with the business.
My gut instinct is no, but then I wonder if it would make a difference if she went down the approved mileage rather than capital allowance route. But then I wonder if I'm over-thinking it!
A second opinion would be much appreciated.
- Missing tax return 307 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 265 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 108 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,040 30
- Inflation and fees 1,356 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 297 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 177 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 189 1
- Related party disclosure 194 3
- Company reconstruction 128 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 227 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 162 1
- Advice please! 408 2
- VAT on new builds 181 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 141 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,983 28