Is someone at HMRC taking the p*ss?
I don't know who drafted these letters that clients have receiving from HMRC this week. Clearly they are either feeling mischievous or they don't get out of their ivory towers much.
"As reporting PAYE in real time happens as part of your routine payroll process, you should expect to see a reduction in time spent on administration".
This is being sent directly to clients. Those same clients who we will need to discuss fees with for the additonal work involved in RTI. No doubt some will now expect a reduction.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 116 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 75 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 573 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 208 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 180 3
- Paper tax return 156 4
- Start up allowance? 382 12
- Will I need to resign? 203 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 247 3
- AIA or IFA 458 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 644 9
- Late Registration for VAT 364 11