Sorry, another DLA question
I've just taken on a new client and am trying to get their records up to date.
I'm preparing overdue company accounts. All the records have been kept in excel, some expenses covered from personal cash, some from business account. The business bank account has also been used for some personal expenses and 'drawings' have been haphazard. No bank reconciliations have been done along the way and to make it worse the client has no bank statements (they were online, has since changed bank accounts so will have to request copies).
At the moment I am putting all the personal expenses, drawings and personal cash spent through the DLA. Once I have the closing bank balance I will also put the difference between book cash and actual cash through the DLA, because any difference will almost certainly be due to cash in/out from the director. When I have done all of this I expect I will have an overdrawn DLA of around £11,000.
So what would you do to clear the balance? We're more than 9 months after the year end. At the moment there is no salary going through the accounts, so how much would you put through? The whole lot? There is no PAYE scheme in place. I expect we have sufficient reserves to clear it with a dividend.
I will be so glad when I've got this one up to date. Don't worry, I'm being properly remunerated and they have been given a strong talking to.
Thanks for your help. Sorry if it’s an obvious answer but it’s not something I’ve come across before as a new practice.
- what time is it ? 233 3
- VAT on disbursement 156 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 978 18
- tax credits 191 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,024 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 78 1
- LLP - Member leaving 183 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 731 21
- Year end 235 3
- Foreign income for self employed 167 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 294 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 305 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,133 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 241 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 609 21
- How would you account for warranty? 178 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 413 22
- Sweet Tooth 227 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 205 2
- trading or dormant 135 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 898
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 521
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 334
- How to format a stock book 315
- Tax efficient holding company structure 252
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 245
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 178
- Charge out rates in London? 154