Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Newly Started Practice 743 15
- Directors obligation to notify 187 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 218 4
- Clients 806 17
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 264 5
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 351 3
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 298 2
- HMRC stupidity of the day 202 2
- Sage Payroll 187 4
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 184 3
- Client's company struck off 872 19
- Simplified auto enrolment? 251 2
- Tax and children 210 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 597 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 406 16
- Starting new accounting business 370 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 172 4
- error on companies house accounts 786 18
- RTI penalties 184 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 342 5
- QROP pension input amounts 506
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 492
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 451
- EPS and CIS deductions 312
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 299
- Construction CIS LLP Company 292
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 257
- SAGE winforecast 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 196
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 184