Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Was I rude 691 18
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 57 2
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 139 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 119 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 269 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 174 1
- Top slicing relief question 213 2
- Valuation of PET on death 81 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 225 6
- Share swap 277 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 72 1
- Online filing 130 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 320 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,666 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 94 2
- Converting a barn for business use 83 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 224 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 107 2
- Joint rental income 113 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 328 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 803
- Any views 723
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 384
- NOVA 278
- IRIS Open Books problem 277
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 193
- Expenses claim for non employee 182