Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 142 3
- Dividend payment date 2,161 37
- VAT online filing exemptions 99 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 142 2
- One off meeting new client 1,378 13
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,358 55
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,704 29
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 285 6
- Child tax credits 208 4
- transitioning payroll 105 2
- Deduction from Salary 141 4
- Car leasing scheme 219 1
- 12 Pay Problems 173 2
- PITA client 553 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 463 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 598 15
- Right to waive dividend 139 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,438 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,751 29
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 351 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 616
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 340
- Cancelled 301
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 272
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 213
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 164