Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- How much does the company pay 783 34
- Proof of identification 79 2
- Anyone else still working this week? 435 14
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 112 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 110 1
- Which tax returns can I submit? 103 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 289 5
- Using home as clients registered address 202 4
- Childcare vouchers 362 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 82 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 81 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 71 1
- two business from one premises 181 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 56 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 241 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 420 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 358 4
- Merry Christmas 140 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 97 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,104 12
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 507
- corporate hierarchy 472
- Advice - 326
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 275
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 246
- Cocaine anyone? 232
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 222
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177