Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Just for fun. 694 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 97 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 61 1
- How to pay national insurance 498 16
- Spam blocking 116 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 200 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 200 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 109 1
- Small pool write off 208 4
- Bonus in june 233 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 173 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 103 2
- HMRC Email 315 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,918 21
- Employment status 210 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 175 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 988 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 362 4
- Overlap relief 641 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 166 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 480
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 376
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 369
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 342
- Perkbox 308
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 299
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 266
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229