Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Sage Payroll 293 11
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 70 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 192 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,041 33
- vat return 250 3
- Flat rate vat 116 1
- Value pricing 720 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 152 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 209 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 287 4
- Reregister for VAT 143 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 248 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 491 11
- Director's tax return 294 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 223 6
- Wrong career 488 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 296 7
- Laptop purchase 1,402 20
- PTP software disaster 290 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 551
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 419
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 296
- Free Tax Legislation? 268
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 245
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 240
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160