Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- VAT - Medical Staff 81 1
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 83 2
- VAT 701/49 query 124 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 46 2
- backpack 72 1
- FCA regulated company in a small group 365 1
- Are you going to Xerocon? 1,118 27
- Questions from Liquidator 2,190 23
- Really?! 314 4
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 346 7
- Is the CT61 return dead? 137 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 803 10
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,006 14
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 535 8
- SSP and Contractual Sick Pay Query 358 9
- Commercial Premises Purchase using Company Profits 494 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 374 4
- Property letting & CAs 442 1
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 555 18
- Viewing folder contens en masse 292 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 698
- 2015 tax year end 427
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 406
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 337
- Costly Accounting Software contract 283
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 248
- Directors' advances and credits 237
- DTA tie-breaker issue 234
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 216
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 196