Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- New Practice 248 15
- CGT on second home? 28 2
- Myfirmsapp 677 17
- BTC Software 124 5
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 234 6
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 197 6
- Feedback on Kashflow and VAT 39 1
- Sage reporting 37 2
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 63 2
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 843 29
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 477 12
- Taxfiler V's BTC 667 25
- Directors loan accounts 121 4
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,158 17
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 143 3
- HMRC 2009/10 Return 262 4
- Goods Purchased for Rental 543 29
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 103 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 2,000 25
- Valuation of business 316 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,011
- International interest certificate 589
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 516
- NOVA 472
- Bonus Bonds 357
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 337
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 258
- Payment for Promotional Samples 230
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 224
- Quickbooks 2015 154