Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 214 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,134 17
- Is this a scam? 386 5
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 230 3
- How to recover my database in DBF? 30 1
- Sorry ignore me 730 21
- Childcare for clients 135 1
- One off meeting new client 479 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 92 1
- illegal dividends 301 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 181 3
- VAT questions 307 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 103 1
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 205 4
- CG34 approved "without prejudice" 232 3
- SAGE V12 176 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,311 21
- Invoice Help 124 3
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 264 5
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 557 11
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 616
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 517
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 378
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 289
- Cancelled 275
- Cancelled 238
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 182
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 180
- Probiz 159
- What's the market like for temps? 157