Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Project being run jointly 161 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 289 4
- Companies House 572 9
- Dress code 323 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 108 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 304 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 713 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,417 25
- What would you do in this situation? 584 13
- Help Required 367 10
- directors control and tax problems 228 5
- Fastest Software 784 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 954 28
- What's in a name ? 337 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 268 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 452 15
- Bulk Invoicing 185 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 167 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 254 2
- ATED Penalties 280 1
- CTA study material 709
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 432
- Employment related securities question 272
- AIM Stocks and IHT 249
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 206
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 194
- Trust for Employee 190
- Expat pension contributions? 189
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 186
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 163