Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 243 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 107 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 89 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,018 31
- Drop Down Boxes 236 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,638 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 159 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 589 8
- help needed with rti paye please 163 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 860 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 422 11
- Can't read my handwriting 817 19
- Undeclared rental income 423 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 349 7
- Sick pay 259 6
- Directors self assessment 181 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 142 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 200 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,773 70
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 543
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 331
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 259
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 146
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 130
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123