Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Rogue Accountant 3,237 50
- VAT on a private sale? 75 4
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 305 17
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,206 24
- Where has Portia gone? 3,076 87
- Payroll software 138 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 44 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 586 19
- Practice management software 1,052 19
- Trade Association Dinner 133 1
- RTI - duplicate employee record 587 1
- Stock of photos to capatilise 115 1
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 160 4
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 178 2
- Depreciation of Revalued Building 56 1
- Spousal transfer and PPR 756 32
- Portia ... Where art thou 451 1
- Taxation of serviced offices 219 3
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 781 16
- Write off loan between companies 617 24
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 806
- Pensions Regulator 459
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 418
- Sanzar 323
- How do you do it 313
- Digital marketing focus group 301
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 278
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 178
- Fit for purpose 176