Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- VAT registration transfer 132 3
- Clothing 92 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 544 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 66 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 56 2
- Director drawings 361 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 315 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 71 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 99 6
- HMRC SA302s 182 3
- What does the "K" signify 401 7
- Director or self-employed 103 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 123 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 131 3
- What sectors to target? 181 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 107 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 239 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 94 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,869 40
- Interest Relief 165 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 901
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 604
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 574
- Latest phishing scam 527
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 340
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 279
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 181
- Sabbatical payments 172