Spam or direct marketing - are they allowed?
I've been looking at some of the practice discussions about marketing, and I remember reading something several months ago about contacting potential clients by email, letter, leaflet etc, but can't find it on the site.
My website is being delayed (not sure why as techy gone very quiet, and don't want to hassle him yet in case something tragic has happened at home, because this isn't like him). So, I need to try and spend free time focussing on other ways to try and bring in business.
Daughter suggested Yell.com but I think I need a website for that.
But what about emailing small businesses, or dropping them a leaflet, letter etc? Is that ok to do or is it illegal? I'm not talking about flooding their inboxes or anything, just a little 'nudge' now and then to say I'm here if they need me.
Any thoughts? Sorry (again - I seem to say this a lot!) because I am sure this subject has been done to death but struggling to find the threads on it. I even clicked on FirstTab's name because I thought he'd covered it, but I think he's further down the line and already established (sorry, assume FT is a 'he').
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 98 2
- Tasks for new trainees 182 5
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,668 47
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 828 19
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 590 16
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 129 2
- Partnership returns software 117 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 292 10
- VAT on garage rent 158 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 103 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 172 3
- Property scam victim 331 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 258 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 70 1
- Have i messed up? 764 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 432 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 64 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 128 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 85 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 94 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,102
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 579
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 292
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 191
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 176
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 164
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 157