My Client is a UK company and holds the exclusive rights to import in to this country a particular spirit manufactured in Eastern Europe.
The only impediment now remaining to their commencing to trade is choosing between the two systems of labelling the bottles at the
manufacturer's plant so as to comply with HMRC requirements as set out in their Notice DS5.
Its only 47 pages long, its in English, but not as we know it Jim!
I, and they, have been trying for over a month now to find someone who can interpret, or otherwise explain and make sense of these rules.
None of the other government agencies ( BIIS, BCC, DEFRA, etc ) can help.
HMRC will not allow us to visit the relevant Excise office and have someone simply talk to us.
Their helpline should be renamed "the deflection line", or the "go away and sort it out for yourself line", or the "rumpelstiltskin line" because
that's how long it can take to get a technical expert to ring you back; but God help you if his answer leads you to ask a follow up question!
If there is anyone out there in the real world who has any knowledge of this matter, or can point me in the right direction to find it, I will be for ever grateful.
Many thanks to anyone leaving a reply.
- Signifcant Debts skew SA Tax Liability 1,390 24
- Is this a Going Concern? 75 1
- How to declare profits on death of partner 197 9
- Reversing opening balances 88 2
- Vat Receipts 276 8
- Is it just me... 150 3
- Reducing payments on account 269 6
- File naming best practice 563 20
- Sage bookkeeping 63 2
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 1,461 47
- Non sequitur 1,625 21
- Hmrc agent 221 1
- HRP and child benefit 73 2
- Accounting for Volunteer Vouchers 51 2
- Sole trader - change year end 94 3
- Vat on insurance 195 2
- Tradesman client in poor health involved in something dodgy 771 21
- Working Tax Credits 164 5
- LLP - Member leaving 451 13
- As if we haven't got enough to do at this time of year! 462 6
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 523
- Alphabet shares 357
- confusion about 226
- Membership of SPA 207
- Sole trader renting property from self and co owner 201
- Maximum AIA Claimable 186
- Alternate 175
- hp versus contract hire versus lease purchase with balloon 144
- Tax treatment of lost partnership capital 139
- Recommend commission tracking software? 137