Stamp duty and Commission costs of Purchasing Shares
If investment shares purchased by a company have incurred stamp duty and commission costs does this form part of the cost of the short term investment in the Balance sheet? Or is it only the value of the shares that go to the balance sheet and these costs go in the P&L (assuming not CT deductible)?
Any clarification would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 163 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 200 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,229 35
- Mortgage Reference 548 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 253 7
- Insovent companies 885 19
- New Build 213 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 227 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 807 20
- Website Content 182 1
- Personal Tax 631 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 198 1
- USA Tax Query 314 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 656 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 368 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 402 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,742 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6