Stamp Duty Land Tax Question
A UK situated holiday rental property is owned by an offshore company. SDLT was paid on the original purchase by the offshore company.
The director shareholders want to raise a mortgage on the property, and have a mortgage offer from a UK building society, provided the property is UK owned.
Can the transfer of ownership to the UK be achieved without incurring SDLTagain?
From a practical (non tax) point of view. there wouldn't be a problem with the property being transferred to one of the offshore company shareholders, who is non UK domiciled but has a UK passport.
Alternatively could it be transferred to a UK company?
Final point is the original SDLT was on a much lower value than the value now, as the property has undergone significant development.
- Buying a horse?? 147 8
- What's in a name ? 1,072 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 202 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 138 7
- Audit 300 8
- Awkward IP 1,362 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 778 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 476 7
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 619 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 764 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,020 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,112 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 132 1
- carry back of gift aid 190 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 307 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 935 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 250 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 569 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 251 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 426 6
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 432
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 266
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 209
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154