Stamp Duty Land Tax Question
A UK situated holiday rental property is owned by an offshore company. SDLT was paid on the original purchase by the offshore company.
The director shareholders want to raise a mortgage on the property, and have a mortgage offer from a UK building society, provided the property is UK owned.
Can the transfer of ownership to the UK be achieved without incurring SDLTagain?
From a practical (non tax) point of view. there wouldn't be a problem with the property being transferred to one of the offshore company shareholders, who is non UK domiciled but has a UK passport.
Alternatively could it be transferred to a UK company?
Final point is the original SDLT was on a much lower value than the value now, as the property has undergone significant development.
- Setting up a practice 147 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 617 17
- Stamp Duty 278 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 218 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,761 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 446 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 162 1
- Love is in the air 408 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 250 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,009 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 321 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 548 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 559 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 324 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 344 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 379 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 431 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 447 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 275 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 526 1
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 236
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 212
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193