Stamp Duty Land Tax Question
A UK situated holiday rental property is owned by an offshore company. SDLT was paid on the original purchase by the offshore company.
The director shareholders want to raise a mortgage on the property, and have a mortgage offer from a UK building society, provided the property is UK owned.
Can the transfer of ownership to the UK be achieved without incurring SDLTagain?
From a practical (non tax) point of view. there wouldn't be a problem with the property being transferred to one of the offshore company shareholders, who is non UK domiciled but has a UK passport.
Alternatively could it be transferred to a UK company?
Final point is the original SDLT was on a much lower value than the value now, as the property has undergone significant development.
- CGT history of shares 172 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 130 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 161 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 329 6
- CGT on sale of let property 104 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 169 2
- how do i get UTR 130 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 81 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 232 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 402 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 121 1
- Your comments please 309 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 186 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 117 2
- EIS 195 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 121 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 113 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 120 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 722 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 200 1
- Moving away from CCH software 965
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 379
- fraud 302
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 275
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 227
- EPS and CIS deductions 220
- Out of time or not? 205