Stamp Duty Land Tax Question
A UK situated holiday rental property is owned by an offshore company. SDLT was paid on the original purchase by the offshore company.
The director shareholders want to raise a mortgage on the property, and have a mortgage offer from a UK building society, provided the property is UK owned.
Can the transfer of ownership to the UK be achieved without incurring SDLTagain?
From a practical (non tax) point of view. there wouldn't be a problem with the property being transferred to one of the offshore company shareholders, who is non UK domiciled but has a UK passport.
Alternatively could it be transferred to a UK company?
Final point is the original SDLT was on a much lower value than the value now, as the property has undergone significant development.
- Sage Payroll 295 11
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 85 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 192 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,042 33
- vat return 252 3
- Flat rate vat 120 1
- Value pricing 720 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 152 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 214 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 290 4
- Reregister for VAT 148 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 250 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 491 11
- Director's tax return 295 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 224 6
- Wrong career 489 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 296 7
- Laptop purchase 1,405 20
- PTP software disaster 291 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 551
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 419
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 296
- Free Tax Legislation? 268
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 246
- Director Loan account operation 245
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 240
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160