Stamp Duty Land Tax Question
A UK situated holiday rental property is owned by an offshore company. SDLT was paid on the original purchase by the offshore company.
The director shareholders want to raise a mortgage on the property, and have a mortgage offer from a UK building society, provided the property is UK owned.
Can the transfer of ownership to the UK be achieved without incurring SDLTagain?
From a practical (non tax) point of view. there wouldn't be a problem with the property being transferred to one of the offshore company shareholders, who is non UK domiciled but has a UK passport.
Alternatively could it be transferred to a UK company?
Final point is the original SDLT was on a much lower value than the value now, as the property has undergone significant development.
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 377 18
- Employing a carer 172 2
- VAT on sale of Assets to Director 21 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,143 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 94 1
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 64 3
- Which profit figure to use 48 1
- rti 107 4
- Drop box Storage 342 5
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 46 1
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 153 2
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 242 7
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 514 15
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,068 44
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 131 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 128 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 152 1
- Can't read my handwriting 724 18
- Fees for Property Tax Return 595 21
- Sole trader &/or Limited company 99 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,377
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 526
- National Insurance 426
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 248
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Employer's Helpline 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 154
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153