I'm looking for advice from those of you whose clients pay by standing order (or direct debit for that matter).
So far my clients have paid when I raise an invoice but for a more even cash flow and less chasing of clients for amounts outstanding, I decided that now is the time to move clients onto paying by standing orders.
I have already considered direct debits but the cost is the problem in that case.
So how do I go about it?
Do I just contact my larger clients or would every client be happy to pay monthly?
I was going to write to my clients and enclose a standing order mandate for completion but what about terms and conditions, are there any templates out there that I could use?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 43 2
- How much of your work is admin? 1,139 10
- Cocaine anyone? 228 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,479 22
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 843 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 286 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 477 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 259 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 337 11
- Tax return software for remote working 489 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 565 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 458 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 454 9
- How to purchase business premises? 185 2
- Will I need to resign? 845 10
- Childcare vouchers 197 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 279 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 301 6
- VAT avoidance? 249 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 200 3
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 417
- Advice - 250
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 206
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 185
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183