I'm looking for advice from those of you whose clients pay by standing order (or direct debit for that matter).
So far my clients have paid when I raise an invoice but for a more even cash flow and less chasing of clients for amounts outstanding, I decided that now is the time to move clients onto paying by standing orders.
I have already considered direct debits but the cost is the problem in that case.
So how do I go about it?
Do I just contact my larger clients or would every client be happy to pay monthly?
I was going to write to my clients and enclose a standing order mandate for completion but what about terms and conditions, are there any templates out there that I could use?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 4,170 132
- How do I account for trees?! 71 1
- Foreign Dividends - tax repayment claim 473 17
- P11d Van - no private use 363 11
- Expanding To UK From USA 72 1
- German VAT charged by US Supplier 220 5
- Shadow director or alternative? 149 1
- Abbreviated Accounts 302 4
- Accountancy fee tax return 489 6
- Employee who reports their PAYE themselves to HMRC - Am i liable for Employer NI 271 1
- SSP recovered on directors salary 248 5
- I had a baby! Small practice recruitment - where would you look? 362 2
- Computerised Accountancy Software 253 1
- Standard 'email' template system 296 5
- HMRC Enquiry re interest paid 412 7
- Being Tax relevant 208 2
- Help with Mortgage Application? 362 5
- FRS VAT bad debt relief? 467 12
- 10% Wear & Tear Allowance - Limited Company 285 3
- Can an EU biz register an LLC in UK, but operate from the local country? 182 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 980
- Employment related securities question 501
- Looking for a qualified accountant 311
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 301
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 274
- National Insurance 211
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 200
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 193
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 185
- Payments on account coded out?? 143