Starting my career
I have been working in a sales environment for the past 5 years and would really like to know how to start a career in finance/accounting. My current career choice does not seem to offer the structure that a finance career can and I'm willing to take the necessary qualifications in order to progress. Starting at the bottom does not bother me as I'm very driven and ambitious.
I have a 2:1 Psychology degree, 3 A-levels (220 UCAS points) and over 5 years commercial experience.
In a perfect world a company would pay for my studies but which qualification should I aim for to get going? I understand I may have to pay for my own studies but not sure which one to go for (AAT, CIMA, ACCA)
I'm 26 years old, am I too old to join a graduate scheme?
Any words/advice that could help me on my way would be really useful.
- flat rate scheme 167 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 211 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,964 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 126 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 472 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 92 1
- VAT refund 320 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,284 37
- Turnover on a tax return 549 12
- incorrect old p60 565 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 134 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 183 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 160 1
- Special dividends & CGT 205 1
- Networking 370 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 281 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 306 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 340 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 298 2