Starting my career
I have been working in a sales environment for the past 5 years and would really like to know how to start a career in finance/accounting. My current career choice does not seem to offer the structure that a finance career can and I'm willing to take the necessary qualifications in order to progress. Starting at the bottom does not bother me as I'm very driven and ambitious.
I have a 2:1 Psychology degree, 3 A-levels (220 UCAS points) and over 5 years commercial experience.
In a perfect world a company would pay for my studies but which qualification should I aim for to get going? I understand I may have to pay for my own studies but not sure which one to go for (AAT, CIMA, ACCA)
I'm 26 years old, am I too old to join a graduate scheme?
Any words/advice that could help me on my way would be really useful.
- Gift aid procedure please? 466 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 182 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 232 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,248 35
- Mortgage Reference 569 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 283 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 227 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,301 48
- BrightPay quirks 256 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 822 20
- Website Content 201 1
- Personal Tax 636 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 213 1
- USA Tax Query 324 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 666 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 376 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 410 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,752 25