Starting up a not for profit fundraising org
I have been given the task of setting up an organisation for a group of people who wish to fundraise to be able to send people abroad for sports events.
Please can you advise me the best way of setting this up, whether being an unincorporated association, or a social enterprise.
I would like it to be as easy as possible as there may be £5000 going through per year. We are setting up a bank account, and the money will go in and out to pay the sports people whenever necessary. Will be purely not for profit and all committee members are volunteers.
If there are any special rules and regulations that I need to follow, please could you point me in the right direction.
Thanks very much, only worked for ltd companies before!
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 241 9
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 224 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 27 1
- Have i messed up? 736 11
- VAT on garage rent 104 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 416 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 47 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 76 2
- Tasks for new trainees 132 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 62 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 53 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 553 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 99 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,638 46
- Property scam victim 299 4
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 249 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,805 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 170 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 139 2
- Partnership returns software 88 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,085
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 286
- Charge out rates in London? 240
- Interest on Loan to a Company 187
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153