Statement of High Net Worth
One of our clients has applied for some finance personally, and we have been asked to complete a Statement of High Net Worth by the mortgage company.
We have never had to complete one before, and having consulted the ICAEW they advise that we have to get a letter of engagement signed by our client and the mortgage company, and also to approach with caution.
The mortgage company and the broker keep saying that no other accountant has ever asked the mortgage company to sign a LOE and I'm wondering what everyone else has done in this situation?
We are being asked to express an opinion which means we can't just sign and return the form, am I being too cautious?
- Allocation of income from property 167 6
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 38 1
- Turnover on a tax return 665 13
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 172 4
- flat rate scheme 554 13
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,445 41
- UK tax exposure 368 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 135 3
- regulated mortgage work? 207 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 123 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 269 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,250 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 537 8
- Directors salary 132 1
- Rental Expenses 280 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 305 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 373 2
- any help? 352 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 422 8
- Companies House? 322 3