Statement of High Net Worth
One of our clients has applied for some finance personally, and we have been asked to complete a Statement of High Net Worth by the mortgage company.
We have never had to complete one before, and having consulted the ICAEW they advise that we have to get a letter of engagement signed by our client and the mortgage company, and also to approach with caution.
The mortgage company and the broker keep saying that no other accountant has ever asked the mortgage company to sign a LOE and I'm wondering what everyone else has done in this situation?
We are being asked to express an opinion which means we can't just sign and return the form, am I being too cautious?
- property capital gains 177 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 182 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,171 13
- Tips on meals 199 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 520 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 182 3
- Personal Tax 741 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 216 2
- Stumped - IHT 169 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 415 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 475 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,288 33
- Credit management tools 160 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 774 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 415 7
- CGT and primary residence 189 1
- Marriage Allowance 294 3
- S455 and February year ends 345 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 901 18
- Closing down loss-making company 467 5