My client was a 50% shareholder in a company and whilst a shareholder (and director) created an overdrawn DLA of £100k plus.
Whilst he was in that situation he would of course fall foul of all the s455 etc problems.
However my client then divorced and gave his shareholding to his wife and resigned as a director, whilst leaving the loan in place in the company.
The loan has now been written off as irrecoverable.
My questions are:
1. Is any s455 formerly paid now repayable?
2. What is the status of the write off? Previously it would have been a distribution or possibly treated as emplyment income, but my client no longer has any connection with the company.
Oh and it's a 30th April 2012 year end brought in two days ago, so no pressure!
- Accounting Crew 289 6
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 148 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 283 14
- What's the plural? 379 8
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 302 6
- PII and previous accountant 367 8
- Self Employed travel 239 5
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,674 43
- Use of aliases 544 15
- xbrl accounts and HMRC template help 550 11
- Alphabet Shares - tax implications? 1,467 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 158 2
- VAT - Quidco Cash-back 226 3
- Subsidiary or New Company? 101 2
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 337 3
- VAT on Import goods 154 4
- Sale of Van to a Guernsey company and VAT 119 2
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 758 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 110 1
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 734 25
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 562
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 415
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 318
- IFA incorporation 288
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 276
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 272
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 241
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 229
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 208
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 195