My client was a 50% shareholder in a company and whilst a shareholder (and director) created an overdrawn DLA of £100k plus.
Whilst he was in that situation he would of course fall foul of all the s455 etc problems.
However my client then divorced and gave his shareholding to his wife and resigned as a director, whilst leaving the loan in place in the company.
The loan has now been written off as irrecoverable.
My questions are:
1. Is any s455 formerly paid now repayable?
2. What is the status of the write off? Previously it would have been a distribution or possibly treated as emplyment income, but my client no longer has any connection with the company.
Oh and it's a 30th April 2012 year end brought in two days ago, so no pressure!
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 194 3
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 10 1
- WC's and capital allowances 15 1
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 62 1
- How to complain about HMRC 1,090 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 172 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 961 12
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 384 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 781 10
- carry back of gift aid 100 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 112 3
- Dress code 1,285 29
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 372 4
- Scottish Independance 510 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 376 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 707 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 336 8
- NOMINAL CODES 336 4
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 734 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 289 9
- CTA study material 749
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 463
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 347
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 240
- Trust for Employee 228
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 135