My client was a 50% shareholder in a company and whilst a shareholder (and director) created an overdrawn DLA of £100k plus.
Whilst he was in that situation he would of course fall foul of all the s455 etc problems.
However my client then divorced and gave his shareholding to his wife and resigned as a director, whilst leaving the loan in place in the company.
The loan has now been written off as irrecoverable.
My questions are:
1. Is any s455 formerly paid now repayable?
2. What is the status of the write off? Previously it would have been a distribution or possibly treated as emplyment income, but my client no longer has any connection with the company.
Oh and it's a 30th April 2012 year end brought in two days ago, so no pressure!
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 249 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 762 17
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,563 42
- CIC Company 390 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,656 57
- Is this a scam? 762 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 124 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 335 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 242 5
- New company - form a group? 162 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 182 4
- PITA client 229 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 372 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,318 33
- Dividend dates 491 8
- R&D tax credit claim 223 5
- CIS Deductions 272 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 120 1
- is this fraud? 792 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 498 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 598
- Cancelled 347
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 332
- Cancelled 283
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 255
- Probiz 242
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 189
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 177
- Car leasing scheme 176
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 157