My client was a 50% shareholder in a company and whilst a shareholder (and director) created an overdrawn DLA of £100k plus.
Whilst he was in that situation he would of course fall foul of all the s455 etc problems.
However my client then divorced and gave his shareholding to his wife and resigned as a director, whilst leaving the loan in place in the company.
The loan has now been written off as irrecoverable.
My questions are:
1. Is any s455 formerly paid now repayable?
2. What is the status of the write off? Previously it would have been a distribution or possibly treated as emplyment income, but my client no longer has any connection with the company.
Oh and it's a 30th April 2012 year end brought in two days ago, so no pressure!
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 350 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 860 5
- Stock Valuation 105 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 450 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,879 30
- Paperless office question 58 3
- Corporation tax due and repayable 59 1
- Share restructure 280 10
- IR35 and working for an EU company 160 2
- Newsletter 211 4
- Business Challenges 486 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 404 10
- £2000 Employment Allowance 243 2
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 255 4
- dividends, shares, waivers 1,123 15
- Using a PO Box address 121 4
- Capital Gains Query 144 2
- Late filing fees - worth appealing? 343 2
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 441 7
- Unknown cash receipt 1,607 12
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 717
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 489
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 322
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 319
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 258
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 198
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 162
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 162