My client was a 50% shareholder in a company and whilst a shareholder (and director) created an overdrawn DLA of £100k plus.
Whilst he was in that situation he would of course fall foul of all the s455 etc problems.
However my client then divorced and gave his shareholding to his wife and resigned as a director, whilst leaving the loan in place in the company.
The loan has now been written off as irrecoverable.
My questions are:
1. Is any s455 formerly paid now repayable?
2. What is the status of the write off? Previously it would have been a distribution or possibly treated as emplyment income, but my client no longer has any connection with the company.
Oh and it's a 30th April 2012 year end brought in two days ago, so no pressure!
- New Employers Helpline 166 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 134 3
- Software recommendations 227 1
- Share transfer question 345 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 280 7
- The stupidity continues 328 10
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 143 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,384 19
- Overlap relief 745 19
- What is IRIS World like? 343 8
- Pension contributions 358 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 132 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 474 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 460 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 256 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 201 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 557 10
- Budget 2015 - take two 223 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 213 4
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 433
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 428
- WIP Software 292
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- No payroll scheme in place 224
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 224
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 204
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 176
- Uncommercial property business 173