My client was a 50% shareholder in a company and whilst a shareholder (and director) created an overdrawn DLA of £100k plus.
Whilst he was in that situation he would of course fall foul of all the s455 etc problems.
However my client then divorced and gave his shareholding to his wife and resigned as a director, whilst leaving the loan in place in the company.
The loan has now been written off as irrecoverable.
My questions are:
1. Is any s455 formerly paid now repayable?
2. What is the status of the write off? Previously it would have been a distribution or possibly treated as emplyment income, but my client no longer has any connection with the company.
Oh and it's a 30th April 2012 year end brought in two days ago, so no pressure!
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 997 14
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 92 3
- Invoice dispute 531 5
- Should I move back home away from my office? 165 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 650 31
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 224 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 395 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 79 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 77 1
- Relevance of UK Residency 59 1
- More AE! 585 12
- IHT dilemma 1,310 20
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 414 4
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,988 18
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 206 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 155 1
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 202 4
- Micro Entity Accounts 314 3
- Aweb tracking ... 271 3
- PAYE 1,450 16
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,132
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 789
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 473
- Digita Hosted Software 312
- Credit where credit's due....... 252
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 217
- Director phone costs 206
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 179
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 154
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 141