Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 844 18
- NALS Accountants Report 91 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,462 35
- Legal title not in the company name 261 10
- Dividend dates 556 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 116 3
- Sole properietor 162 4
- transitioning payroll 230 8
- dividend proposals 96 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 225 2
- Deduction from Salary 290 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 186 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,722 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 86 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 435 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 157 2
- 12 Pay Problems 249 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 252 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 87 1
- Redudancy 92 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 622
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175