Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,517 68
- Vat threshold issues 1,301 12
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 741 19
- How much did you pay for your website 366 12
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 304 8
- Fastest Software 474 6
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 750 14
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 63 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 326 7
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,280 32
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 219 1
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,314 6
- Time recording software 271 3
- Importing data into CCH AP 74 1
- Self employment trap - pension 246 2
- Mixed partnerships - new rules 239 3
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 1,087 12
- Would this fall into IR35 201 3
- ECSL 201 3
- Company Pension Contributions 105 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 583
- CTA study material 580
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 347
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 276
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 186
- ATED Penalties 181
- AIM Stocks and IHT 166
- Foreign Premium Distributions 138
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119