Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 153 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,045 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 370 4
- Setting up a practice 398 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 507 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 474 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 288 1
- Love is in the air 555 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 656 17
- Stamp Duty 294 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,811 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 603 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 288 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 263 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 574 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 586 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 400 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 397 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 459 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 304
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 293
- CGT for NOn UK residents 281
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 276
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 255
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 240
- Apprenticeship Levy 240
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Capital Gains personal representatives 221
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 218