Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Lack of VAT Receipt 42 1
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 243 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 119 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 174 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 175 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 822 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 536 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 695 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 303 16
- Personal pension 435 9
- Business rates consultancy 268 4
- Wrong tax code 178 6
- Benefit in Kind 262 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 92 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 292 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,059 31
- Deferred Tax 474 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- You know its over 496 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 248 1
- Hive up 512
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 296
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 238
- WWOOFers 233
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 195
- The booking.com con 175
- UK State pension paid in NZ 165