Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Input VAT suffered in EU 52 2
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 48 1
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 206 3
- how do i get UTR 67 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 98 1
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 274 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 79 1
- Your comments please 282 6
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 301 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 169 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 93 2
- EIS 188 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 82 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 93 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 103 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 104 1
- CGT history of shares 150 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 701 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 194 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 129 2
- Moving away from CCH software 962
- QROP pension input amounts 448
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 392
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 374
- fraud 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 270
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 238
- Construction CIS LLP Company 224
- EPS and CIS deductions 218
- Out of time or not? 202