Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 379 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,355 43
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 244 5
- 40% rule for travel expenses 165 1
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 318 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,132 56
- Cash injection by shareholder 144 3
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 273 8
- PRR 268 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 180 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,485 424
- corp tax software 356 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 446 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 469 7
- Which tax box 193 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 140 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 260 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 217 6
- References for clients 223 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 168 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,300
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 464
- National Insurance 361
- Non Resident 280
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 211
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 171
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 152
- CIS paid under reg 9 144