Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Builder using cash labour 95 1
- Easy way to not pay tax 76 2
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 184 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 210 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 428 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 267 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 124 2
- Was I rude 809 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 311 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 217 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 293 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 297 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 205 6
- Non-compete agreement 186 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 202 1
- Any views 741 1
- IRIS Practice Management 153 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 115 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 110 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 185 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,487
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 825
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 397
- NOVA 298
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 209
- Bonus Bonds 180
- Management expenses for investment company 177
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 169