Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,367 62
- calculate mortgage interest 91 1
- Auto enrolment 1,640 27
- AIA 199 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 581 27
- Depreciation 150 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 128 3
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 322 11
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 217 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 173 3
- client can't/won't pay 441 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 200 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 255 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 265 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,190 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 270 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 210 5
- HMRC SA software error? 179 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 176 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 272 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 789
- Copy Wanted 503
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 459
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 455
- Latest phishing scam 292
- Entrepreneurs' relief 279
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 273
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 254
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 242
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 238