Still having problems with NatWest?
More of a straw poll than a question!
Client paid in cheques worth over £30k, as a counter credit, on Monday 25th June and they still do not appear in his account some 8 days later.
Calls to NatWest reveal that they had a "glitch" with counter credits for 25th and 26th June, the 26th June issues have been sorted but not the 25th.
Each day, from Thursday 28th, he has been told that the system will update overnight and the issue will be resolved, which they have not.
Since 29th June he has gone into, an agreed, overdraft which would not be the case if the counter credit was applied, whilst he has been assured that no interest will be charged he is somewhat doubtful and fears a battle will start when the charges come through. At the very least, as he occasionally uses the overdraft, he will need to try and check what interest he has been charged.
Just wondering if anyone else, or their clients, has the same problem?
The media seems to have gone very quiet on this, I guess as Barclays is now the bigger news story.
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 235 12
- Client Death 211 2
- Coding notices post P11d 1,846 12
- Tax position re this lease? 190 3
- Fixed Assets 286 5
- Normal trading company or property management company for CT600? 141 1
- What are options for non CA firm 1,686 26
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 574 24
- Real names 1,177 35
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 87 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 157 2
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 263 8
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 188 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,944 35
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 224 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,391 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 719 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 253 7
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 156 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 335 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 585
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 340
- Sorry ignore me 328
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 282
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 277
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 265
- Cancelled 209
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 179