Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Dress code 554 14
- Dividend 41 1
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 331 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,118 33
- ACCA practice certificates 99 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 227 5
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 188 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 120 1
- What would you do in this situation? 712 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 536 16
- Project being run jointly 230 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 330 4
- Companies House 625 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 406 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 748 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,470 25
- Help Required 446 10
- directors control and tax problems 350 5
- Fastest Software 818 13
- What's in a name ? 437 5
- CTA study material 720
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 280
- AIM Stocks and IHT 258
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 220
- Expat pension contributions? 210
- Trust for Employee 208
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 192
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 126