Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Staff training 1,445 12
- Self Assessment penalties again 80 2
- Company Strike off 131 6
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 51 1
- are we that stupid 55 1
- wife as partner 871 6
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 469 13
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 279 6
- 'Careless' Self Assessment Error 297 8
- HMRC Security Deposit 1,283 19
- living will or LPA? 64 1
- Practice software 1,332 19
- Company Limited by Guarantee 214 3
- Job costing 195 1
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 242 5
- Shares held in trust 174 4
- Servicing AE fees 346 7
- Company accounts for £350 1,236 32
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 174 2
- APN's 227 1
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 321
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 317
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 281
- French ConnectionUK 253
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 233
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 210
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 148
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 141
- Indian Provident Fund 138