Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Where has Portia gone? 3,522 93
- RTI Payroll ID 717 20
- Overlap profit 65 1
- Sole trader paying Class 1 NIC 80 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 244 7
- Stock of photos to capatilise 293 14
- Spousal transfer and PPR 776 34
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 168 4
- Rogue Accountant 3,569 57
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 90 2
- Practice management software 1,106 21
- micro entity balance sheet query 140 4
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 338 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 156 1
- VAT on a private sale? 179 5
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 245 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,238 24
- Payroll software 196 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 86 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 605 19
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 818
- Pensions Regulator 462
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 425
- Sanzar 325
- How do you do it 315
- Digital marketing focus group 307
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 279
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 186
- Fit for purpose 181