Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 669 5
- See you all on the other side 717 6
- 12Pay 478 2
- dividends 651 2
- R&D 335 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,198 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 447 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 433 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 386 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 556 5
- Seeking a tax case 659 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 517 4
- Companies house strike off 584 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 447 2
- Moving to the cloud 756 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 914 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 221 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,097 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 375
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 310
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 296
- Class 2 NI 296