Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 86 6
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 320 11
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 107 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 481 15
- capital gains on PPR 204 11
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 508 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,759 440
- 100% Xero practice 2,459 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 213 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 134 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 135 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 285 9
- PRR 359 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 394 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 308 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,262 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 350 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 434 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 363 5
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 253 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 476
- National Insurance 369
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 260
- Hands on experience of Digita 214
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 191
- Employer's Helpline 165
- employment capital allowances 160
- CIS paid under reg 9 156