Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 201 6
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 146 6
- Design your ideal tax department 788 18
- Financial statements accounting policies 108 2
- Scams are not always obvious 1,515 30
- Deemed Employment Payment 373 2
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 130 8
- Little PPR calc question 168 4
- Restructuring company and Form 42 154 7
- Overpayment notice 96 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 224 9
- Cells from many sheets 170 3
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 177 8
- Investment company 188 6
- More RTI stuff 161 4
- Personal allowance 575 12
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 100 1
- Childcare vouchers 211 3
- Overseas company and VAT 91 2
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 107 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,053
- Moving away from CCH software 917
- Recruitment agencies 542
- QROP pension input amounts 419
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 367
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 320
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 304
- fraud 239
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 229
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 198