Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- This is getting boring 123 5
- 27,000 Really? 73 5
- VAT - Recharge 157 6
- Employment Allowance 297 5
- Farm barn lettings 21 1
- Legal title not in the company name 414 15
- CIC Company 579 10
- transitioning payroll 298 9
- dividend proposals 210 5
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 285 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,877 61
- NALS Accountants Report 190 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,542 36
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 216 5
- Redundancy pay for directors? 550 14
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 920 19
- Opening Balances 124 1
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 228 2
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,409 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 335 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 627
- Cancelled 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 346
- Cancelled 316
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 291
- Probiz 277
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 245
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 238
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 208
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 179