Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- How much does the company pay 616 28
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 133 3
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 179 2
- I have done a terrible thing 694 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 316 8
- Not paying accountant 1,828 46
- Cash basis VAT return 77 1
- VAT on Business Premises 85 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 59 1
- Consolidation Software 139 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 461 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,019 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,185 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 324 9
- LLp Profits 140 5
- two business from one premises 141 2
- AIA 253 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 356 20
- partnership tax return 172 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 202 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 256
- The booking.com con 240
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 219
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 175