Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 77 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 193 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 476 14
- Employee steeling client data 119 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,358 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 191 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 134 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 275 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 214 4
- signature required 914 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 193 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 339 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 333 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 157 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 90 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 154 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 98 1
- Lease 149 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 550
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 183
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 146