Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 274 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 118 5
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 60 1
- Excel query 152 4
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,051 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 149 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 22 1
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 308 12
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,333 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 568 9
- Payment on account penalties 156 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,702 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 94 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 106 1
- Does IR35 apply? 108 1
- Sage data 115 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 367 6
- Funding Circle experience 173 3
- Tax on free shares 162 5
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 242
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162