Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 62 3
- USA Tax Query 80 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,628 25
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 516 11
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 921 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 145 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 191 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 574 18
- Corrupt Excel File 666 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 335 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,954 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,165 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 280 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 368 7
- Personal Tax 411 10
- Xerocon 2016 931 18
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 127 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 230 4
- last minute request 454 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,239 46