Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Which software for practice books? 301 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 117 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,622 33
- Accountant software 284 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 441 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 70 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 418 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 226 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,879 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 69 1
- Renting property to yourself 311 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 385 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 99 4
- register as self employed? 121 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 140 1
- VAT enquiry 89 1
- Write off of former director's loan 230 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 258 4
- Capital gain or not? 147 3
- EC VAT 161 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 641
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 232
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 183
- Tax efficient holding company structure 174
- Investment property company accounts template 162
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 156