Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Can't find a good web address 149 3
- When to recover vat on bad debts 102 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 181 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 202 5
- effective advertising 228 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 184 8
- Software recommendations 311 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 143 3
- Edible spam? 802 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 297 5
- Put fees on website 279 6
- Director resignation 213 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,536 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,322 4
- Sigma Red 1,410 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 341 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 106 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 182 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 451 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 516 7
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 477
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 464
- WIP Software 336
- No payroll scheme in place 288
- Is there anything wrong with this? 258
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 252
- Small Part Disposal of Property 228
- Uncommercial property business 221
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 192
- SA Penalty 181