Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Professional coaching claimable? 84 1
- Sage instant account codes 120 1
- Networking 134 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 265 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 177 1
- Turnover on a tax return 304 8
- incorrect old p60 451 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 303 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,933 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 293 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 252 3
- VAT refund 187 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 262 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 269 3
- Missing tax return 396 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,128 30
- Inflation and fees 1,410 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24
- Micro-entity accounts 317 1