Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 189 4
- SA302 281 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 238 4
- Go Cardless 329 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 218 3
- Hmrc software 227 3
- Mehjoo 267 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 112 1
- Hosted email exchange 173 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 166 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 290 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 245 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 288 7
- New Email Extensions 201 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 320 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 184 4
- Xtuple 511
- Qtac payroll for bureau 350
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 294
- Industrial & Provident Societies 285
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 181
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 179
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 164
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147