Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- What are options for non CA firm 1,807 30
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 240 3
- Real names 1,272 38
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 423 8
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 119 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 208 5
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 114 1
- Expenses Apps 166 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 181 4
- Quick Easy Quote 260 4
- Solicitor accounts 90 1
- Unallocated client money 254 7
- change of office address 150 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 238 3
- Incorporation Relief 143 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 120 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 361 4
- Furniture Rental Business 108 2
- Client Death 563 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 201 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 606
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 493
- Sorry ignore me 384
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 282
- Cancelled 247
- Cancelled 220
- Bartercard 177
- C79 Discrepancy 175
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 164