Strange HMRC request for P45?
Client had a letter through recently. She has only been in SA since 2011-12.
HMRC wrote to her to ask for a copy of her p45 in relation to the previous (2010/11) year.
This seemed strange to me as I would think they already had the info. Also strange as she did not leave until 2011/12 so wouldn't expect a P45 in 2010/11!
The employer is an 'umbrella co' - My only thought is that perhaps the employer has been returning different figures to HMRC and they are under investigation?
Anyone had any similar requests or have any different theories as to why they would ask this?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 77 3
- wave software 100 1
- Freelance software consultant 315 5
- client can't/won't pay 260 11
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,126 14
- Window Comb Binder Cover 86 2
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 209 5
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 129 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 204 6
- losses carried forward 364 10
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 467 22
- Auto enrolment 1,618 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 208 8
- VT 345 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 697 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 153 2
- Ongoing trade? 240 5
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 295 2
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 900 41
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 153 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 779
- Copy Wanted 491
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 453
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 451
- Latest phishing scam 280
- Entrepreneurs' relief 265
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 261
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 244
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 231
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 227