Strike off or complete accounts?
Sorry if this has been covered before, I tried searching the archive but couldn't find anything specifically covering what I need to know:
I have been approached by a lady who, due to ill health is having to cease her Ltd Company trading. The Accounts were due 30/11 but have not been completed yet. She has written to Cos House explaining she is very ill and asking for an extension, but not yet recd a reply.
As I understand it, if no accounts are filed Cos House will apply for the company to be struck-off, and assuming any Creditors do not object this will go through in due course. Also as the company has no doubt made a loss HMRC will not persue any accounts or corp tax returns.
Is this correct, and are there any negative results from taking this route?
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 29 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 307 9
- Mortgage Reference 907 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 310 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 113 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 168 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 147 1
- RTI offline? 620 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 176 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 271 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 190 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 164 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 951 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 249 3