Strike off or complete accounts?
Sorry if this has been covered before, I tried searching the archive but couldn't find anything specifically covering what I need to know:
I have been approached by a lady who, due to ill health is having to cease her Ltd Company trading. The Accounts were due 30/11 but have not been completed yet. She has written to Cos House explaining she is very ill and asking for an extension, but not yet recd a reply.
As I understand it, if no accounts are filed Cos House will apply for the company to be struck-off, and assuming any Creditors do not object this will go through in due course. Also as the company has no doubt made a loss HMRC will not persue any accounts or corp tax returns.
Is this correct, and are there any negative results from taking this route?
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,018 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 312 3
- HMRC Postal Delays 103 3
- Landing clients 597 19
- Time to react ? ? ? 603 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 74 2
- Dividends 102 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 90 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 299 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 82 1
- Signed accounts for bank 437 9
- Termination Payment 391 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 192 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 290 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 200 5
- flat rate scheme 2,158 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 126 1
- Opening a Quick books file 193 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 557 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 298 2