Client intends to purchase a commercial vehicle through his company, it will be used occasionally both private and business use.
Now, heres the thing.....
It's not a crew cab pickup, or a Transit, it is a HGV tractor unit - yep capable of pulling 38 tonnes.
He will be changing the registration to that of a private HGV and then using it for driving around etc (I suppose a bit like Chris Eubank used to !!)
Is the taxable benefit still 3.5k !
I see no reason why not - but never been asked that question before....... !!
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 110 5
- Where has Portia gone? 4,947 107
- Overlap profit 283 6
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 292 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,046 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 84 1
- Payments on account 149 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 41 1
- What do your junior staff do? 494 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 615 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 382 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 518 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 116 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,915 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 318 3
- On the high seas 98 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 138 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 854 34
- Payroll question 143 2
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 247 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 847
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 442
- Sanzar 337
- How do you do it 334
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 289
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 205
- Fit for purpose 200
- new investor structure 195
- VAT Registration 178