Client intends to purchase a commercial vehicle through his company, it will be used occasionally both private and business use.
Now, heres the thing.....
It's not a crew cab pickup, or a Transit, it is a HGV tractor unit - yep capable of pulling 38 tonnes.
He will be changing the registration to that of a private HGV and then using it for driving around etc (I suppose a bit like Chris Eubank used to !!)
Is the taxable benefit still 3.5k !
I see no reason why not - but never been asked that question before....... !!
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 343 11
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 502 25
- Do I need to pay my accountant 383 7
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 167 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 596 7
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 148 3
- Lloyds bank ... 427 6
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 394 18
- Limited company buying a car 224 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 489 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 271 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 306 4
- ACCA practice certificates 523 5
- Limited company buying director's car 325 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 109 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 152 1
- WC's and capital allowances 191 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 334 13
- Dress code 1,574 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 486 13
- CTA study material 774
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 402
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 287
- Expat pension contributions? 261
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 241
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 189
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149