Client intends to purchase a commercial vehicle through his company, it will be used occasionally both private and business use.
Now, heres the thing.....
It's not a crew cab pickup, or a Transit, it is a HGV tractor unit - yep capable of pulling 38 tonnes.
He will be changing the registration to that of a private HGV and then using it for driving around etc (I suppose a bit like Chris Eubank used to !!)
Is the taxable benefit still 3.5k !
I see no reason why not - but never been asked that question before....... !!
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 227 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 368 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 276 4
- Merry Christmas 79 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 63 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,050 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 404 13
- Childcare vouchers 341 7
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,411 9
- Using home as clients registered address 122 3
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 517 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 106 2
- How much does the company pay 703 30
- AIA 287 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 175 5
- I have done a terrible thing 784 15
- Not paying accountant 1,874 46
- Cash basis VAT return 106 1
- VAT on Business Premises 105 2
- Consolidation Software 146 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 468
- Advice - 320
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 272
- WWOOFers 261
- The booking.com con 243
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 237
- Cocaine anyone? 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 176