Client intends to purchase a commercial vehicle through his company, it will be used occasionally both private and business use.
Now, heres the thing.....
It's not a crew cab pickup, or a Transit, it is a HGV tractor unit - yep capable of pulling 38 tonnes.
He will be changing the registration to that of a private HGV and then using it for driving around etc (I suppose a bit like Chris Eubank used to !!)
Is the taxable benefit still 3.5k !
I see no reason why not - but never been asked that question before....... !!
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 72 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,259 19
- Scanners 168 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 83 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 157 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 402 9
- Payment plans for clients 120 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 227 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 242 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 446 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 179 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 795 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 146 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 528 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,159
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 236
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 201
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 137