Client intends to purchase a commercial vehicle through his company, it will be used occasionally both private and business use.
Now, heres the thing.....
It's not a crew cab pickup, or a Transit, it is a HGV tractor unit - yep capable of pulling 38 tonnes.
He will be changing the registration to that of a private HGV and then using it for driving around etc (I suppose a bit like Chris Eubank used to !!)
Is the taxable benefit still 3.5k !
I see no reason why not - but never been asked that question before....... !!
- Income tax on foreign dividends 219 2
- break even point 575 18
- How much to charge? 163 3
- Simple consolidation question 79 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 381 10
- Capital Gain? 484 13
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 986 27
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 144 4
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 401 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 201 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 257 5
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 97 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 148 4
- IHT Query 219 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 434 2
- BrightPay 689 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 238 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 453 8
- Gift or Capital Gain? 382 11
- SDLT on leases 135 1
- Possible Partnership? 462
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 436
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 427
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 232
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 224
- Clubs and Taxable Income 215
- New Fangled Penalties 210
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 209
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 180
- Loans to other companies 164