Is This Subject to VAT?
I hope someone could be so kind as to assist with this: I understand that if a Bed & Breakfast (Commercial Premises) is sold by the owner to another person that the sale is subject to VAT if the premesis are to be used for anything other than a B&B and is not subject to VAT if sold to another party whom will continue to operate as a B&B. I may have misunderstood this and could be completely wrong. Could anyone Clarify?
Assuming that the above is correct - How does this translate to a situation where the Premises have been handed over to a fixed charge receiver for the Bank with the business having closed and then being sold buy the FCR for the Bank. i.e. is there any VAT invovled?
Thanks in advance for any response.
- HMRC Distraint 67 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 129 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 375 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 215 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 411 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 107 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,366 42
- How much of your work is admin? 631 5
- Nominal Ledger 392 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 588 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 191 2
- Old CGT loss 217 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 202 3
- Paper tax return 167 4
- Start up allowance? 388 12
- Will I need to resign? 229 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 255 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 472 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 650 9