Is This Subject to VAT?
I hope someone could be so kind as to assist with this: I understand that if a Bed & Breakfast (Commercial Premises) is sold by the owner to another person that the sale is subject to VAT if the premesis are to be used for anything other than a B&B and is not subject to VAT if sold to another party whom will continue to operate as a B&B. I may have misunderstood this and could be completely wrong. Could anyone Clarify?
Assuming that the above is correct - How does this translate to a situation where the Premises have been handed over to a fixed charge receiver for the Bank with the business having closed and then being sold buy the FCR for the Bank. i.e. is there any VAT invovled?
Thanks in advance for any response.
- P11d query 268 5
- Rental expenses 53 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 132 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 346 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 85 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 286 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 420 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,153 22
- Termination Payment 207 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 213 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 139 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10