Is This Subject to VAT?
I hope someone could be so kind as to assist with this: I understand that if a Bed & Breakfast (Commercial Premises) is sold by the owner to another person that the sale is subject to VAT if the premesis are to be used for anything other than a B&B and is not subject to VAT if sold to another party whom will continue to operate as a B&B. I may have misunderstood this and could be completely wrong. Could anyone Clarify?
Assuming that the above is correct - How does this translate to a situation where the Premises have been handed over to a fixed charge receiver for the Bank with the business having closed and then being sold buy the FCR for the Bank. i.e. is there any VAT invovled?
Thanks in advance for any response.
- Mortgage Reference 123 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,849 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 131 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,171 45
- Practical experience 840 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 423 9
- Personal Tax 141 1
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 187 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 145 1
- last minute request 251 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 494 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 78 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 433 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 107 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 257 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 661 6
- Overseas workday relief 169 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 341 3