Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- EIS Relief 136 1
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 148 1
- Gift or Capital Gain? 157 4
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 982 26
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 547 15
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 68 1
- S455 417 19
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 738 28
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 60 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 177 6
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 400 8
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 232 3
- Is this a scam? 1,393 25
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 221 5
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 149 4
- Wednesday rant 324 1
- RTI - new employee 70 1
- Profit split on buy-to let 312 5
- Overseas Sales 534 1
- Fax to email providers 394 14
- Benchmarking 462
- Possible Partnership? 408
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 397
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 378
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 318
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 189
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 172
- Income tax on foreign dividends 166
- Agent Registration - How Long? 164
- Clubs and Taxable Income 163