Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- Missing tax return 307 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 265 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 108 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,040 30
- Inflation and fees 1,356 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 297 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 177 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 189 1
- Related party disclosure 194 3
- Company reconstruction 128 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 227 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 162 1
- Advice please! 408 2
- VAT on new builds 181 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 141 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,983 28