Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- Indemnity question re IR35? 189 5
- Trades and deadlines 40 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 91 4
- Share transfer question 221 8
- Marketing and email surprises 318 7
- Am I too soft? 395 13
- New Website Look 1,038 28
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 132 3
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,141 16
- Sacked my first client 498 13
- VAT Query 105 1
- Humour me...worrying without need? 261 2
- Benefit in Kind? 247 2
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 134 3
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 505 9
- Form 42 thoughts required.... 97 1
- Payslip Count in Sage 50 Payroll 70 1
- Accounting for buying off bank 207 10
- Perkbox 399 1
- New Employers Helpline 85 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 421
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 415
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- WIP Software 282
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 211
- No payroll scheme in place 209
- Software recommendations 191
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 190
- Is there anything wrong with this? 181
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 180