Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- Directors obligation to notify 21 1
- UK Accountancy Franchise 76 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 225 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 55 1
- Starting new accounting business 311 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 148 4
- error on companies house accounts 743 18
- RTI penalties 102 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 520 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 158 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 113 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 371 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 200 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 153 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 105 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 254 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 137 2
- Clients 684 14
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 301
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174