Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- Accountant software 404 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 138 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 229 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 140 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 197 4
- CIS gross status review 89 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 123 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 348 6
- Flat rate vat error 242 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 134 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 142 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 81 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 146 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 360 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 619 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 268 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 608 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 202 4
- Charge out rates in London? 216 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 184 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 752
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 483
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 297
- How to format a stock book 263
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 211
- Tax efficient holding company structure 201
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 190
- Investment property company accounts template 190
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 168
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 160