Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- CIS software 19 1
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 130 7
- Settlement discount 91 4
- Homing sandwiches 408 10
- CT600 72 2
- signature required 472 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 499 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 170 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 156 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 105 2
- Pratice Management Software 82 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 199 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 118 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 183 2
- Related Party Transactions 108 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 98 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 756 13
- More AE! 761 17
- Web sites 248 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,237
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 518
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 310
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 235
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 189
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 157