Subsistence Expenses for Sole Traders
Am just completing accounts and tax comp for a sole trader decorator client.
I note that s57A ITTOIA 05 refers to allowing a deduction for reasonable expenses for food and drink consumed at the place where the trader travels to.
My client works within the area, about a 25 mile radius, so I have tried to get some understanding of what is meant by "travels to" in the legislation, does it mean in the locality as in the meaning of the ESC for employees travelling to a temporary place of work or does it mean more of an overnight stay scenario.
Do any of you knowledgeable practitioners out there know the answer to this one ?
The other thing unfortunately is that he has not kept any meal receipts and I suspect that this will be where a claim will fail.
Any ideas ?
- Incorporated when they should not have 60 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 191 12
- HMRC Agents Line 53 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 675 15
- Charity work 171 9
- Tax position re this lease? 302 5
- Managing Employee Expenses 157 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 33 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,658 60
- inheritance tax 549 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 142 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 44 1
- pension paid by company? 259 6
- Do I need a smartphone? 597 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 129 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 770 24
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 260 3
- Company Director In Prison 307 7
- MAAT vs ACCA 393 7
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,103 28
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 670
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 487
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 359
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 320
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 193