System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 101 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 159 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 96 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 185 2
- CIS Software 115 1
- Company assets 365 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 223 6
- MoneySoft 169 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 77 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 146 2
- Self assessment 152 1
- Claiming VAT 127 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,124 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 277 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 272 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 156 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 504
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 244
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 184
- VAT - registration needed? 181
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180
- Accrued income scheme 179