System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Dividend taxation 165 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 88 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 154 2
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 227 4
- Paying Son 529 17
- Tax Overlap Reporting 98 3
- Employers NI allowance 392 5
- HMRC accounting 123 1
- Love is in the air 93 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 399 4
- iris update 11.9.2 441 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 246 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 658 8
- Which time limits apply? 391 4
- Client Paperwork Retention? 427 10
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 201 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 316 3
- Just checking re PSA 259 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 346 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,601 7
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 496
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 264
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 251
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 230
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 227
- Capital Gains personal representatives 209
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 204