System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 139 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 217 9
- How to Value a Business 474 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 134 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 541 13
- How much did you pay for your website 482 13
- Companies House 141 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 114 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 381 7
- Company Pension Contributions 260 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 220 4
- Expenses allowable 171 3
- Let Property Campaign 386 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 135 1
- Self employment trap - pension 348 3
- Awkward IP 613 9
- ESC A19 130 2
- When does my Property business start 269 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,537 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 869 19
- CTA study material 603
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 593
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 366
- Employment related securities question 225
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 199
- ATED Penalties 196
- AIM Stocks and IHT 176
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 136
- Expat pension contributions? 127
- Trust for Employee 125