System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- SA302's anyone?? 606 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 323 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 104 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 346 12
- Cash in Hand 117 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 159 4
- Busines software 151 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 193 6
- Converting a barn for business use 185 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 309 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 314 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 479 10
- are receipts needed? 611 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 309 3
- Bookkeping software 723 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 657 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 271 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 127 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 322
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 162
- EXACT ONLINE 157
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 156