System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Companies house strike off 53 2
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 74 2
- Moving to the cloud 614 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 148 2
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 76 1
- How much to charge for payroll? 729 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 160 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 131 4
- BTC vs Digita 979 29
- Seeking a tax case 266 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 295 4
- See you all on the other side 243 5
- VATABLE Income 292 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 240 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 269 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 494 6
- P11D software 110 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 534 9
- VAT - business splitting 236 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 587 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 524
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 393
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 353
- IRIS and FRS 102 326
- Capitalising Finance Lease 293
- USA help 286
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 247
- Capital gains on rental property 228
- Sage Coretime 217
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 214