System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 100 2
- Shadow director or alternative? 444 4
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 57 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 67 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,233 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,096 339
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 96 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 382 21
- Use of home for storage 302 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 306 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 767 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,222 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 337 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 198 6
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 76 1
- property rental income split 232 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 290 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 355 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 400 17
- What should I do for 'free' 612 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,182
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 399
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 312
- National Insurance 306
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 259
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 232
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 232
- Non Resident 216
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139