System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Bank account frozen 162 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 45 1
- Comment Deletion 65 1
- change director details just before striking-off 123 2
- Concurrent users 764 10
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 193 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 97 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 199 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 221 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 106 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 99 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 879 26
- Writing Website Content 684 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 128 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 182 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 252 2
- Badges of trade 358 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 294 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 150 2
- AIA 356 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 452
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 422
- Electric Car 357
- S222 Charge 284
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 263
- IP trans to holding company 219
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 205
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 195
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 166
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 165