System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 136 3
- PAYE versus Dividends 159 3
- Employee or partner 24 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 188 5
- The Cotter Case 186 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 125 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 144 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 69 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 940 16
- Sole Trader business 154 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 147 1
- Giving a seminar 685 36
- Tax position on lease extension 180 1
- Boffin of the Year 306 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 223 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 239 4
- Sage Depreciation 85 1
- Non sequitur 255 2
- Am i Liable? 884 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,308
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 642
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 426
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 334
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 263
- Alphabet shares 221
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 209
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 155