System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- CGT history of shares 174 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 135 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 167 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 330 6
- CGT on sale of let property 109 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 174 2
- how do i get UTR 136 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 84 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 233 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 408 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 126 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 188 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 121 2
- EIS 196 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 126 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 114 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 124 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 725 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 202 1
- Moving away from CCH software 966
- QROP pension input amounts 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 394
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 380
- fraud 303
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 277
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 243
- Construction CIS LLP Company 228
- EPS and CIS deductions 221
- Out of time or not? 207