System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,768 27
- Value pricing 239 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,561 12
- Audit Required 112 3
- company secretarial software 145 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 153 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 64 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 188 1
- Rental Income 302 6
- Payroll 2012/13 108 1
- I have a pain 697 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 87 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 179 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 736 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 124 3
- Cash flow 149 2
- New use of home - simplified method 254 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 270 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 401 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,958 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 734
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 501
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 347
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 342
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 264
- VAT on Gaming Machines 214
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 201
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 179
- Director Loan account operation 150