System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 40 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 129 10
- EIS/SEIS 120 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 247 1
- You know its over 134 2
- Cocaine anyone? 407 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 384 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 384 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 644 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 512 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 529 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 62 1
- Personal pension 384 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 211 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,190 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 885 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 112 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,502 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 307 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 276 1
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 443
- corporate hierarchy 423
- Advice - 261
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 211
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 198
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 168
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 164