System for pricing
I have just finished reading Effective Pricing for Accountants and like the concepts. I would like to try some menu pricing for compliance services and was wondering if anyone else has adopted this type of thing.
The book shows that based on a survey of firms the average firm charged a price of £250 for a self assessment return containing rental income which is fine. But what I don't understand from this data is the quality of the books/records.
For example, I have a number of clients who require an SA tax return with Land & Property pages as well as Employment pages. Some clients provide bank statements, invoices for allowable expenses and mortgage statements. Others provide a complete analysis and totals for rents received, mortgage interest paid and allowable expenses.
Would it be best to provide a range of prices for my menu - for example £250 to £400, depending on whether or not the client provides detailed analysis/totals?
Any suggestions on how to approach other areas of compliance work in terms of menu pricing would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has introduced such a system for pricing - e.g. preparing accounts for non-VAT registered sole trader business, preparing accounts for VAT registered partnership with turnover of c£250k etc.
Also, I feel that some of my fees for this type of work (i.e. rental accounts and SA tax return) are too low and introducing menu pricing will raise some fees threefold. Has anyone experienced this before and how did you fair in terms of explaining the increases to the client?
- Deleted question? 725 19
- Accounts Question 89 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,167 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,932 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 694 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,389 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,918 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 644 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 432 4
- VAT Return Errors 170 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 118 5
- inflation rate year on year 145 3
- Yorkshire Day 598 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 183 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 179 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 379 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 146 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 292 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 153 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 386
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 261
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 230
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 151