THIS TAKES THE ******* BISCUIT...
I have just read this on Accountancy Age. The bolding is mine. For one letter that tried to point out a tax problem - albeit in a way that was not the most professionally adept - I was fined £30,000 and thrown out from the ICAEW and have been refused readmittance on several occasions. This guy tries to MURDER someone and is allowed to remain a member and fined just £2,240!!!
Where the **** is the justice in this:
“Former convict spared sanctions by ICAEW
AN ICAEW MEMBER who was jailed for soliciting to murder will face no sanctions from the institute due to the "exceptional circumstances" of the case.
The member, who is unnamed, was convicted of soliciting to murder in 2001, and sentenced to serve six years in prison.
He resigned his ICAEW membership and told the institute he was going abroad and did not intend to practise. Months later, he informed the ICAEW of his imprisonment, and the institute decided that it would take no further action while he was out of membership.
Now out of prison, he was turned down from re-admittance to the ICAEW in 2006, but successfully re-applied in 2011. His conviction details were then passed onto the ICAEW's investigation division.
A breakdown in family relationships was given as background to the offence.
If aware at the time of his sentencing in 2001, the institute's tribunal would have excluded him from membership and recommended he not be readmitted for ten years.
But in "the exceptional circumstances of this case, the passage of time, the evidence of rehabilitation and that he had been readmitted to membership", no sanction has been imposed. The tribunal noted that the ICAEW's re-admission committee had, on the second occasion, decided he was a fit and proper person to serve as a member.
He has been ordered to pay £2,240.66 in costs.”
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 472 13
- Sage 2010 data corruption 84 4
- Sage at it again? 336 5
- BrightPay 499 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 160 5
- Is this a scam? 1,560 27
- Classic cars investment 119 2
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 683 19
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 134 5
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 390 6
- S455 453 21
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 163 3
- client issues 310 4
- Cater Allen Commission 84 2
- Capital Gain? 354 9
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 175 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 66 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 192 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 190 5
- RTI - new employee 126 2
- Benchmarking 465
- Possible Partnership? 414
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 401
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 385
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 329
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 192
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 176
- Income tax on foreign dividends 171
- Clubs and Taxable Income 168
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 162