Taking on clients before their year end
I would be grateful for comments from other accountants on how they deal with taking on new clients part way through their year ie before their year end.
I have done this. I am thinking about changing this practice - wait till their year end. My concern is that client may move elsewhere. What is your experience?
The problem I have with taking on clients part way through the year are:
- Trail balance is not provided by the previous accountant. TB would be my starting point.
- Far more work is involved in starting from the last year's balance sheet
I have done this now and will handle it. I am thinking about the future now. Do you take on client "in year" ? How do you deal with taking over from where previous accountant left?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 746 17
- Website Content 12 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,261 46
- Mortgage Reference 448 5
- Xerocon 2016 1,136 30
- Personal Tax 593 12
- New Build 124 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 96 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 122 1
- USA Tax Query 268 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 414 5
- last minute request 619 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 316 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 351 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,716 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 977 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 392 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 632 18
- Corrupt Excel File 695 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,009 43