Taking on clients before their year end
I would be grateful for comments from other accountants on how they deal with taking on new clients part way through their year ie before their year end.
I have done this. I am thinking about changing this practice - wait till their year end. My concern is that client may move elsewhere. What is your experience?
The problem I have with taking on clients part way through the year are:
- Trail balance is not provided by the previous accountant. TB would be my starting point.
- Far more work is involved in starting from the last year's balance sheet
I have done this now and will handle it. I am thinking about the future now. Do you take on client "in year" ? How do you deal with taking over from where previous accountant left?
- flat rate scheme 2,429 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 46 1
- Family Partnership 344 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,260 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 88 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 201 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 250 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 112 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 338 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 222 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 439 3
- Signed accounts for bank 693 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 339 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 242 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 125 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 887 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 147 1