Taking dividends v's loan and salary??
I'm hoping this is the right place to ask, if not please bare with me. I have a client who wants to take a large sum out of the business to purchase a property. Is it best to take some now and some after 6th April or take it all after the April cut off? Would you advise to take it all as a dividend or split it into loans etc? I would be really interested to hear your views and the cheapest way round the tax?
The money is available and there will be enough left to cover all business requriements and HRMC bills that are due.
Your thoughts would be most appreciated.
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 725 20
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 62 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 111 1
- Advice please! 359 2
- VAT on new builds 136 3
- incorrect old p60 180 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 107 1
- Related party disclosure 60 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 319 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,908 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 707 6
- Sage Priority Support 117 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 512 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 361 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 146 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 138 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 155 1
- Missing tax return 210 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 925 24