Tax (and accounts) treatment of tenants property improvements
Client company is taking a five or seven year lease on incomplete shell of one floor of a building. Was originally planned as ground floor offices (or retail) but owner is getting planning change to allow residential (but can't afford to continue the development).
If my client takes the lease and spends £150k on the conversion and fit out to make into a number of apartments and then rents them out to students over the five years of the lease it should make a profit to cover all costs including the conversion costs.
But how do we treat tenants improvements in the accounts?
Client is convinced he gets 100% tax relief on the cost of refurbishment? My thoughts are tax relief at end of lease - but I'm not sure why.
Any help would be much appreciated.
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,193 49
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 175 8
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 78 2
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 34 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 131 4
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 179 3
- Moneysoft - technical query 232 5
- Manufacturing A/c - Acc. depn 48 2
- VAT REGISTATIONS 138 3
- New Company Director PAYE Question 808 22
- Class 4 Losses 150 3
- Taking drawings in a partnership 65 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 60 3
- Education - Pre made assembly! 110 1
- Remove Extinguished Charge 118 1
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 377 1
- Disclosure requirements for a subsidiary of an associated company 114 3
- Let Property Campaign 209 4
- Cloud Accounting 303 5
- How long should one give Aweb … 768 11
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 282
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 254
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 253
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 243
- Electric Car 197
- S222 Charge 186
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 177
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 176
- Freelance Accounting link 163