We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 329 9
- Property income in different capacities 177 4
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 103 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief 823 46
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 204 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 373 8
- how to object to registered company name... 172 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 471 14
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 365 5
- VAT QUESTION 297 3
- More AE! 685 15
- Charity Grant accounting 62 1
- Money Soft payroll 547 11
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 211 2
- Change of payroll software 419 10
- Director phone costs 279 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 362 8
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 212 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 151 4
- VAT surcharges and change of business entity 54 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,185
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 801
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 497
- Digita Hosted Software 324
- Credit where credit's due....... 282
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 230
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 167
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 145
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 132
- Sole trader CPD 131