We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 205 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,157 35
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 134 2
- Dress code 603 15
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 386 3
- What would you do in this situation? 743 15
- Dividend 111 2
- ACCA practice certificates 129 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 241 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 544 16
- Project being run jointly 242 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 339 4
- Companies House 633 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 415 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 751 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,479 25
- Help Required 453 10
- directors control and tax problems 365 5
- Fastest Software 819 13
- What's in a name ? 444 5
- CTA study material 721
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 281
- AIM Stocks and IHT 258
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 243
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 224
- Expat pension contributions? 212
- Trust for Employee 208
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 193
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 126