We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 253 6
- Is it just me ... 120 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 96 5
- Claiming VAT on car lease 273 20
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 243 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 68 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 306 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 103 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 204 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,419 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 87 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 346 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,139 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 590 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 545 21
- Advice for new build property 128 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 294 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 293 8
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 167 1
- Sage Line 50 113 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 738
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 175
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 161
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153