We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- iris update 11.9.2 288 4
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,628 35
- Class 2 NIC 36 1
- Advertising Tips? 393 9
- Company Structure 448 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,627 35
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 501 11
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 126 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,045 16
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 598 19
- Taxation of UK branches of foreign companies 173 1
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 381 10
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 260 6
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 471 8
- International priorities 123 1
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 163 3
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 522 13
- Revenue phishing examples 388 2
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 294 4
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 404 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 740
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 438
- Costly Accounting Software contract 378
- Directors' advances and credits 291
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 265
- DTA tie-breaker issue 255
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 199
- Apprenticeship Levy 187