We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- Capital Gain? 413 11
- IHT Query 72 2
- Reversing out RTI 125 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 855 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 306 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 275 6
- BrightPay 618 18
- Classic cars investment 244 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 239 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 326 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 352 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 277 2
- H&W company 258 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 213 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 175 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 199 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 812 32
- VAT silly question 2,418 56
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 416
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190