We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- Business lending another business money (UK) 41 1
- What are my legal responsibilities 241 11
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 318 4
- No more tax returns... 1,511 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 405 6
- Signed accounts for bank 240 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 466 10
- Landing clients 380 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,137 22
- Termination Payment 169 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 181 3
- CRM / marketing 97 2
- Allocation of income from property 749 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,865 28
- Opening a Quick books file 108 1
- 64-8 problems 510 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 345 10
- Payment on account reminders 235 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 106 3
- Hello 516 4