We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- Managing Employee Expenses 110 5
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 583 11
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,056 26
- Charity work 115 6
- Company Director In Prison 195 5
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 264 3
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 727 22
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 645 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 338 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 103 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,531 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,535 55
- VAT registration? 136 1
- ec sales lists 151 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 135 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 146 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 102 4
- Small company audit 747 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 198 2
- Estate agents - shared commission 126 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 471
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 357
- Probiz 327
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 309
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 182