We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- loan for one of the associated companies 35 4
- Cash gift from India 289 9
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,044 19
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 458 8
- Probate services 466 11
- CIMA CBA or AAT 43 2
- Account and Taxable Profit 416 20
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 221 6
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 48 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 65 1
- Class 2 NIC 353 6
- US resident trading in UK 91 1
- Windows10 273 6
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 171 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,786 39
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,864 43
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 279 4
- Accounting for corporation tax 350 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 358 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 606 8