We currently use tax assistant from Drummohr and have done for many years. We are reasonably happy but.....!!
We are seriously thinking about changing suppliers.
Our reasons are:
1. We can not put the software on our server
2. This effectively means we have to tie one computer upto purely for tax - which is a waste
3. Every other software we use allows us to do this
4. Annual cost is now £835 and this is effectively for one user. We appreciate there is no client limit and do around 250 SA / Partnership returns and 100 CT returns per annum
We think (but don't know) that there may be better software out there which maybe more user friendly and each staff member can have access from there desk via the server rather than the tax computer we have to use (we have set up a connection over the internet to save them moving desks).
Incidentally our accounts production software is Sage Accounts Production and moneysoft for payroll (we are happy with both of these).
We would welcome any constructive thoughts especially from those who may have changed recently from tax assistant.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 153 3
- Hmrc software 203 3
- Mehjoo 257 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 194 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 99 1
- SA302 255 4
- Hosted email exchange 168 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 157 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 265 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 301 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 238 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 145 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 275 7
- New Email Extensions 187 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 309 2
- Dental practice incorpration 151 1
- Audit rules 176 4
- Go Cardless 310 8
- business entertaining deductibility 178 1
- Xtuple 507
- Qtac payroll for bureau 343
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 166
- CIS schemes 160
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 159
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 139