Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 483 5
- See you all on the other side 624 6
- 12Pay 345 2
- dividends 471 2
- R&D 267 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,130 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 409 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 347 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 293 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 509 5
- Seeking a tax case 580 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 439 4
- Companies house strike off 422 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 335 2
- Moving to the cloud 706 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 204 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 855 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,071 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 453 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 307
- USA help 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 273
- Capital gains on rental property 251
- Sage Coretime 228