Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- reporting salary? 139 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 298 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 261 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 82 3
- Value pricing 564 19
- Fee's for P11D's 261 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 374 1
- Childcare Vouchers 165 3
- Quarterly PAYE 171 6
- Audit Report Query 179 5
- Coming in from the cold 194 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,295 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 73 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 128 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 72 1
- Thats Better 276 6
- apprentices 98 1
- Sage Payroll 256 10
- VAT 149 2
- Belated VAT Exception Application 229 7
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 766
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 215
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 212
- Director Loan account operation 199
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 197
- vat return 163
- Free Tax Legislation? 151