Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 221 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 373 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 705 18
- B2B vat in the EU 164 4
- Coding Notice 202 6
- VAT on Hire Purchase 96 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 186 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 209 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 174 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 167 3
- LLP as member of LLP 121 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,787 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 485 7
- Vat 289 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,291 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 201 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 185 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,505 18
- CT/CIS offset 158 2
- Trade name 216 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 835
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 714
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 397
- Social investment tax relief 213
- Digita Hosted Software 208
- Call Centre Data Costs 196
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 168
- accounting for this transaction 162
- Travel costs and contractors 161
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 155