Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 140 4
- Accountants' Error 689 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 143 3
- Scoot 180 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 148 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 198 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,449 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 199 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 227 2
- Auto enrolment 190 3
- Shareholder agreement 171 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 195 3
- Company Reorganisation 163 3
- Employee Loan 206 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 464 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 593 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 762
- Any views 696
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 354
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 253
- IRIS Open Books problem 244