Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Scratch Head 275 1
- Year end 214 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 300 13
- A little knowledge 127 4
- Clothing 599 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 135 6
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,262 18
- Parent and subsidiary... 165 5
- Identity check problem 1,495 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 90 1
- Capital allowances on Software 221 2
- Designated sole Residence 202 4
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 92 3
- Company director and KIT days 117 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,177 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 856 34
- Digita in the cloud 65 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 234 7
- IHT and US resident 125 2
- Tax relief when working away 78 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 957
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 682
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 628
- Latest phishing scam 605
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 442
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 329
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 260
- Sabbatical payments 221
- Negligible Value Claim 200
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 196