Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 751 3
- Restricted interest relief 63 2
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 292 8
- Disengagement Help! 513 15
- Benefit in Kind 60 2
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 840 16
- Renewals on property rental business 60 1
- Windows 10 anyone? 51 1
- Not a question - just a POI 109 3
- MVL 55 2
- Bankstream 1,042 24
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 169 2
- SDLT 233 7
- Xerocon 2016 583 11
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 361 8
- charity selling (donated) recycled materials & for scrap- VAT? 104 1
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 234 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,572 33
- Earings from Gardening after retirement 68 1
- Software that posts COGS? 615 14