Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 372 17
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 67 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 772 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,468 31
- Is this fraud? 315 5
- Saying goodbye 432 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 823 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 199 5
- Sportman claiming for training kit 995 11
- Flat rate scheme 181 3
- Drop box Storage 201 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 275 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,192 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 621 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 148 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 416 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 148 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 369 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 125 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,271
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 454
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 267
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 261
- Franchise income and costs 240
- Hands on experience of Digita 198
- Employer's Helpline 146
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 140
- employment capital allowances 137