Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 38 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief 708 36
- IT advisory questions? 45 2
- PAYE 1,512 17
- Should I move back home away from my office? 274 5
- More AE! 613 13
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 457 6
- Scanners 52 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,062 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 98 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 100 3
- Invoice dispute 565 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 244 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 412 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 87 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 118 1
- IHT dilemma 1,327 20
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,076 18
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 218 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 171 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,135
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 789
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 474
- Digita Hosted Software 313
- Credit where credit's due....... 253
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 218
- Director phone costs 211
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 183
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 156
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 144