Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Professional coaching claimable? 49 1
- Sage instant account codes 106 1
- Networking 104 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 263 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 154 1
- Turnover on a tax return 279 8
- incorrect old p60 446 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 300 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,930 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 278 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 246 3
- VAT refund 168 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 254 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 266 3
- Missing tax return 389 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,126 30
- Inflation and fees 1,408 24
- Sage Priority Support 190 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 305 1