Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- valuation of vehicles 424 18
- Voluntary Disclosure 242 3
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 305 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 415 4
- BTC is slow 267 3
- Director registration for SA question 473 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 206 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 368 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 704 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 511 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 328 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 972 29
- New Company reviews please 562 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 323 4
- VAT with Russia 246 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 235 4
- Money Laundering Manual 307 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 254 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,130 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 306
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 248
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 238
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 221
- auto enrolment 193
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 159
- How to account for investment in JV? 158
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149