Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Funding Circle experience 98 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,211 13
- Excel query 41 1
- Payment on account penalties 66 3
- Tax on free shares 101 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 177 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 179 8
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 111 1
- Audit 455 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 379 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 105 3
- Buying a horse?? 389 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 180 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 743 21
- PITA ex-client 216 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 241 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 350 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 320 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,664 19
- New supplier 149 3
- CTA study material 800
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 491
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 452
- Employment related securities question 317
- AIM Stocks and IHT 304
- Expat pension contributions? 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 274
- Trust for Employee 253
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 219
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157