Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- change director details just before striking-off 97 2
- Bank account frozen 146 3
- Concurrent users 755 10
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 184 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 84 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 190 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 216 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 95 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 86 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 877 26
- Writing Website Content 672 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 121 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 175 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 249 2
- Badges of trade 353 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 283 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 145 2
- AIA 353 5
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 296 8
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 220 9
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 451
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 421
- Electric Car 355
- S222 Charge 283
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 263
- IP trans to holding company 219
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 201
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 194
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 164
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 161