Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- What are options for non CA firm 2,814 60
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 128 3
- Legal title not in the company name 780 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 326 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 300 8
- Opening Balances 190 2
- 27,000 Really? 1,108 34
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 572 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 55 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 79 1
- This is getting boring 607 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 250 7
- pension paid by company? 108 3
- inheritance tax 413 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 343 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 226 4
- State pension 300 3
- Accountancy Career 136 1
- CIC Company 656 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,822 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 335
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 308
- Probiz 303
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 265
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223