Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Not renewing AAT 600 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,399 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,690 51
- New dividend taxation 308 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 94 1
- Company car v company allowance 202 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 423 9
- Company formation and bank account 351 9
- Next Move 627 18
- Owning overseas property 296 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 279 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 209 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 680 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 627 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 235 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 408 8
- OneNote is fantastic 560 11
- VAT Direct Debit 381 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 470 8
- Self Assessment Software 702 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 664
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 391
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 306
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 209
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204