Tax credit planning
Tax Credit Tax planning ?
I have recently quoted for the accounts for a limited company and the client asked if I did Tax Credit planning.
He said that his current accountant was offering this services on a commission basis.
I was wondering if any one else is offering this services and if it is actually possible.
The only tax credit planning I can think of for a director is
1 keep salary and dividends low
2 Fluctuate directors salary bi annually to take advantage of the income disregard rules.
I remember being on course sometime ago were the speaker pointed out that point 2 would not work as the benefit office can make its own assessment on salary if it suspects income is being manipulated to maximise tax credits.
Can anyone comment on the above ? Am I missing a planning opportunity for my clients ?
All comments are greatly appreciated.
- Help car benefit 12 1
- Grants 203 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 462 8
- Director's remuneration accrual 25 2
- Value pricing 2,254 98
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 422 14
- Current tax asset 165 3
- SDLT on land 117 5
- Consortium relief and bad debts 55 1
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 90 1
- LLP members share of profits 376 21
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,010 21
- Treatment of deferment duty in the correct accounting period 110 3
- Solar Panel Income - Taxable? 202 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 179 4
- CVA guidance 82 1
- Payroll Charging too much Tax? 233 2
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 146 2
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 224 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 582 15
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 881
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 615
- Free Tax Legislation? 362
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 357
- Director Loan account operation 355
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 299
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 286
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 273
- Paye procedures for CVA 205