Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Networking 259 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,192 33
- VAT refund 248 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 243 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 276 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 81 1
- incorrect old p60 495 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 313 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 217 2
- Turnover on a tax return 402 9
- IT Contractor 272 1
- Sage instant account codes 165 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 256 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 321 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,959 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 329 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 296 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 417 4
- Inflation and fees 1,431 24