Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 607 5
- See you all on the other side 676 6
- 12Pay 439 2
- dividends 591 2
- R&D 308 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,168 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 433 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 394 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 367 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 636 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 498 4
- Companies house strike off 528 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 414 2
- Moving to the cloud 732 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 213 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 891 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 487 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 560
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 370
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 321
- USA help 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 288
- Marginal rates of tax 278
- Class 2 NI 265