Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- ICPA-Scotland 119 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,696 288
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 140 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 231 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 105 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 498 10
- Declined for business bank account 284 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 498 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 215 10
- Standard 'email' template system 891 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,040 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 226 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 103 1
- Circular shareholding 245 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 204 6
- business card address 328 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 128 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 680 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 345 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,119
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 271
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 231
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 192
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 191
- Franchise income and costs 180