Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 201 7
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 59 2
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 121 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 448 17
- Paid too much !! 172 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 81 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 67 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 68 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 471 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 739 11
- Sports Sponsorship 114 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 239 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 207 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 202 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,309 14
- Best software for small practice? 605 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,262 21
- HMRC Enquiry 477 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 223 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 290 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181