Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 653 12
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 63 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 730 20
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 313 1
- Sage 50 accounts 80 3
- Where has Portia gone? 5,727 118
- Do accountants work at home? 149 2
- Abbreviated accounts Companies House 74 1
- Keeping disastrous accounts 535 6
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 485 12
- Help 434 13
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 686 5
- Is a new PAYE scheme needed for incorporated business? 109 3
- P11D Expenses Claims 106 1
- Lost "thanks" 193 2
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 380 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 859 14
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 178 3
- Stock of photos to capatilise 455 18
- Anyone used the firm 'More Clients 4 U? 289 6