Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 281 4
- Goodie bag 531 19
- Husband Wife let property 218 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 314 7
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 304 7
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 32 1
- Freehold Property Depreciation 388 16
- How do I save face? 311 7
- Employee invoicing employer 48 1
- Warning - Spam "from" ICAEW 513 3
- brightpay? 116 1
- Director unable to work through illness 128 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 231 6
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 372 8
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 140 2
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 276 1
- Claiming VAT without invoice 412 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 397 5
- Career in Practice 237 5
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 97 2
- Possible Partnership? 615
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 504
- New Fangled Penalties 419
- Clubs and Taxable Income 339
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 308
- Loans to other companies 250
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 223
- Outsource Data Entry 218
- Fuming! 214