Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 206 8
- Easy way to not pay tax 350 11
- VAT Registration 87 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 388 9
- Tax Credit Overpayment 93 5
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 220 4
- Builder using cash labour 191 2
- Threshold for RTI submission 174 3
- FATCA registration as an Agent 46 1
- IRIS Practice Management 199 3
- Pre- trading Expenses 169 2
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 391 16
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 94 1
- Charities sorp - portfolio management fees 186 5
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 339 12
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 445 10
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 157 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 240 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 474 11
- Was I rude 908 20
- Skandia using wrong address 1,492
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 830
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 424
- Sale of business 399
- NOVA 306
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 216
- Bonus Bonds 183
- Management expenses for investment company 180
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 175