Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Cash basis 446 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 129 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 259 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 280 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 146 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 295 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 148 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,839 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 317 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 226 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 83 1
- Investor exit 186 3
- Partially exempt? 363 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 136 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 400 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,257 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 382 4
- Statutory sick pay 251 3
- Overseas bank interest 230 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 173 1
- Skandia using wrong address 560
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 301
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 221
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 125