Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 245 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 315 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,278 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 125 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 409 15
- Companies House incorporation service 312 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 52 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 126 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 186 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 152 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 224 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 131 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 134 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,586 12
- Share Capital 112 2
- Trading income or not? 169 1
- Charge HMRC 394 3
- FRS17 query 228 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,771 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,695 29
- Xtuple 545
- Qtac payroll for bureau 373
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 310
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 288
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 203
- Investment 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 181
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177