Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Childcare vouchers 146 2
- More RTI stuff 45 2
- Financial statements accounting policies 29 1
- Scams are not always obvious 903 28
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 22 1
- Little PPR calc question 90 2
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 353 5
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 196 4
- Retrospective Credit Notes 52 2
- Can loss derived in first year of letting out be carried forward to be set off rental in next year? 475 9
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 44 1
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 262 7
- Restructuring company and Form 42 103 5
- Personal allowance 492 11
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 179 6
- Taxation of rental income 304 6
- Market Value/Connected Persons 234 9
- Overseas company and VAT 57 1
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 147 2
- Workshops centred around Xero 486 12
- New Fangled Penalties 1,045
- Moving away from CCH software 912
- Recruitment agencies 538
- QROP pension input amounts 414
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 366
- Deemed Employment Payment 349
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 316
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 302
- fraud 230
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 227