Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Director drawings 92 7
- Carrying forward self employment losses 143 8
- client can't/won't pay 1,767 34
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 375 18
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 501 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 85 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 78 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 22 1
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 155 7
- how much to charge 239 6
- Charities and VAT 134 11
- Rental losses 85 2
- EIS reinvestment relief 195 13
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 163 3
- HMRC SA system 104 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,511 53
- Company dividends 871 36
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 181 5
- Simplified use of home - contradiction 101 2
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 93 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 897
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 594
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 565
- Latest phishing scam 522
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 368
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 337
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 275
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 193
- Capital allowances in first basis period 173
- Sabbatical payments 167