Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 947 29
- You know its over 332 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 486 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 216 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 169 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 156 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 240 3
- Cocaine anyone? 506 8
- Late Registration for VAT 484 13
- EIS/SEIS 140 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 274 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 414 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 421 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 715 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 551 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 587 4
- Personal pension 401 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 221 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,217 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 171 3
- Hive up 490
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 457
- corporate hierarchy 436
- Advice - 271
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 225
- WWOOFers 217
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 206
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 199
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 180
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 174