Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 221 2
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 20 1
- Investment properties revaluation 84 8
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,351 21
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 387 12
- FRS percentage 145 3
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 214 6
- Umbrella Companies 81 2
- Benefit fraud 3,353 48
- Should I continue with the ACA? 411 9
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 310 10
- How much did you pay for your website 1,121 21
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 369 10
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 132 1
- Intangble Assets 114 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 199 4
- Companies House 706 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 295 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 315 11
- RTI Penalties 208 1
- CTA study material 640
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 386
- Employment related securities question 238
- ATED Penalties 210
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 153
- Expat pension contributions? 143
- Trust for Employee 138
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 129
- Capital allowances 114