Tax credit "review" - any one else dealing with one ?
Client has received a request for a tax credit review , very indepth "review" for the period 6.4.11-30.6.11, not even a full 3 months (!) , they want us to send all original sales and expense invoices, original (!)V5 documents for all vehicles, original insurance documents (!), full details of any quotes, appointments, etc ,
I rang them and said if you are checking a claim surely a 12 month profit and loss check would be more practical as would tie up with the tax credit form, as how will the 3 month (or just short of 3 month) tell them anything ?
I also said I felt that their level of initial information gathering (basically emptying the clients filing cabinet !) was far greater than any revenue enquiry I had received in more recent years
I was told it was a pilot scheme (oh lucky me and clients) and that - they were not part of the revenue - ! strange as the letter was on HMRevenue and Customs headed paper !
So, do I really have to send original papers ? (especially worried re V5s and insurance docs disappearing into their admin void) was considering photocopies on these items-
Still cannot see what they are going to achieve- has anyone else dealt with this "pilot scheme" or do we just have to accept this and send our package of papers off to them ?
Their ultimate threat is to remove all last years tax credit payments.
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 392 7
- Unknown cash receipt 1,365 12
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 57 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 535 25
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 273 4
- Share restructure 247 8
- CGT on Property 154 1
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 133 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 725 19
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 338 9
- Gross sales to purchases 201 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 190 3
- Capital allowances 142 2
- RTI Filing 1,379 21
- Loan to a participator 165 4
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 374 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 114 3
- £2000 Employment Allowance 178 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 368 4
- First RTI P45 215 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 714
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 318
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 308
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 255
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 191
- VAT on Gaming Machines 188
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 161
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161