Tax Credits backdating - transitional rules
We send in a TC600 new claim, on 29 March 2012.
The qualifying conditions remained in force and unchanged continuously for 93+ days prior to the date of submission of the claim.
Relevant legislation governing the effect of this is reg 7(2)(a) SI2002/2014 as amended by reg 8(2)(b) SI2009/2087 and again by reg 5(2)(b) SI2012/848
The form TC600 is captured by computer using Optical Character Recognition. There is no captured box on the form which indicates that a claim for backdating is appropriate, with the arguable exception of the date of signature, which in this case specifies 27 December 2011.
The initial award notice is issued after 05 April 2012 bearing a commencement date of 02 April 2012. On receipt of this we object (within 30 days) to the stated commencement date on the grounds that it should be backdated by the full extent permitted by reg 7(2) as amended.
The effect of reg 5(2)(b) SI2012/848 is to reduce from 93 days to 31 days the potential for backdating of an award in relation to notifications supplied after 05 April 2012.
Accordingly, this award is backdated by 31 days.
Am I alone in thinking that this is outrageous?
With kind regards
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 150 3
- Accountant software 417 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 145 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 231 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 200 4
- CIS gross status review 93 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 126 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 358 6
- Flat rate vat error 244 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 137 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 145 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 89 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 148 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 364 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 623 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 271 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 611 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 204 4
- Charge out rates in London? 217 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 186 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 756
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 484
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 299
- How to format a stock book 266
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 213
- Tax efficient holding company structure 203
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 196
- Investment property company accounts template 191
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 172
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 161