Tax deduction of impairment of assets
I am currently writing an essay regarding the tax treatment of impairment of assets in various countries across Europe.
I would appreciate it if someone answers the following question:
Do the tax authorities in the UK allow the deduction of loss incurred following the recognition of an impairment?
For example, entity owns a mechine and the mechine fair value is 50$, as for today.
The mechine Carrying amount is 100$.
According to IAS 36, the entity should low the carrying amount and write a loss in her books of 100-50=50$.
Can 50 be deducted from the firm income for taxation?
In addition, please refer me to a formal source (a law or a court ruling) regarding this issue.
Thanks in advance,
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 48 3
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 46 2
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 51 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 119 3
- VAT Registration 315 5
- CIS and Close Company 35 1
- should Van be included in plant or motor vehicles? 59 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 213 6
- VAT Option to tax 423 14
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 111 3
- How far back can you get dates of property purchases 49 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,231 19
- husband and wife dividends 400 11
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 140 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 304 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 72 2
- LLP members share of profits 565 31
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 161 1
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 271 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,176 26
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 903
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 633
- Free Tax Legislation? 393
- Director Loan account operation 393
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 317
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 313
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 217
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 177