Tax deduction of impairment of assets
I am currently writing an essay regarding the tax treatment of impairment of assets in various countries across Europe.
I would appreciate it if someone answers the following question:
Do the tax authorities in the UK allow the deduction of loss incurred following the recognition of an impairment?
For example, entity owns a mechine and the mechine fair value is 50$, as for today.
The mechine Carrying amount is 100$.
According to IAS 36, the entity should low the carrying amount and write a loss in her books of 100-50=50$.
Can 50 be deducted from the firm income for taxation?
In addition, please refer me to a formal source (a law or a court ruling) regarding this issue.
Thanks in advance,
- AML report needed? 115 2
- The stupidity continues 1,276 66
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 132 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 379 9
- Marketing and email surprises 443 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 758 26
- What is IRIS World like? 406 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 140 1
- transactions after account have been closed 295 9
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 316 5
- Mlom bollocks 224 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 96 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 580 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 300 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 276 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 163 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,371 25
- New Employers Helpline 229 4
- Software recommendations 291 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 442
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 186