Tax deduction of impairment of assets
I am currently writing an essay regarding the tax treatment of impairment of assets in various countries across Europe.
I would appreciate it if someone answers the following question:
Do the tax authorities in the UK allow the deduction of loss incurred following the recognition of an impairment?
For example, entity owns a mechine and the mechine fair value is 50$, as for today.
The mechine Carrying amount is 100$.
According to IAS 36, the entity should low the carrying amount and write a loss in her books of 100-50=50$.
Can 50 be deducted from the firm income for taxation?
In addition, please refer me to a formal source (a law or a court ruling) regarding this issue.
Thanks in advance,
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,618 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 81 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 70 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 234 6
- Companies House 281 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 95 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 96 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 325 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 105 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 208 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 663 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 649 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 136 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 667 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 483 5
- SA tax assessments 166 2
- Director self assessment 405 16
- Sage Import Data 177 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 240 2
- Dividend Vouchers 285 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 431
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 288
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 242
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 217
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 211
- Slight twist on employment related securities 196
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 143
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 141