Tax Determination & Time Limits
One man band plumber..... hasn't done a tax return for the year to 5 April 2009 and HMRC have now raised a Determination of Tax Due for £6,000 - being estimated income tax and class 4 NIC.
Having looked at the plumbers records - I estimate the true amount of tax to be due for the year to be around £15k.
My opinion is he has two options:
1. Submit a tax return showing the true amounts of tax & NIC due prior to 31/01/2013 - being three years after the original filing deadline; or
2. Pay the £6k tax per the determination and after 31/01/2013 HMRC are out of time to amend it.
Does that sound right? Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance!
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 45 2
- Employee overpaid who has left 105 2
- Sorry ignore me 798 22
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 195 4
- Is this a scam? 444 6
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 257 4
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 225 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 255 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 232 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,188 17
- Childcare for clients 156 1
- One off meeting new client 519 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 143 1
- illegal dividends 325 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 188 3
- VAT questions 311 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 125 1
- CG34 approved "without prejudice" 236 3
- SAGE V12 180 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,365 21
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 617
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 526
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 290
- Cancelled 276
- Cancelled 239
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 183
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 181
- Probiz 164
- What's the market like for temps? 158