Tax Determination & Time Limits
One man band plumber..... hasn't done a tax return for the year to 5 April 2009 and HMRC have now raised a Determination of Tax Due for £6,000 - being estimated income tax and class 4 NIC.
Having looked at the plumbers records - I estimate the true amount of tax to be due for the year to be around £15k.
My opinion is he has two options:
1. Submit a tax return showing the true amounts of tax & NIC due prior to 31/01/2013 - being three years after the original filing deadline; or
2. Pay the £6k tax per the determination and after 31/01/2013 HMRC are out of time to amend it.
Does that sound right? Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance!
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 509 18
- Breaking Up A Property Company 261 2
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 216 3
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 144 6
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 423 17
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 234 4
- G'day IPA-IFA 509 8
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 472 16
- Declaration of Trust 568 20
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 58 1
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 88 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 319 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 193 1
- tax insider 327 4
- Auto-Enrolment 224 3
- Annual subs 183 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 172 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 181 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 255 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 344 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,415
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 728
- Any views 662
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 410
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 370
- Sale of business 320
- NOVA 227
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 226
- Advertising services? 220