Tax Determination & Time Limits
One man band plumber..... hasn't done a tax return for the year to 5 April 2009 and HMRC have now raised a Determination of Tax Due for £6,000 - being estimated income tax and class 4 NIC.
Having looked at the plumbers records - I estimate the true amount of tax to be due for the year to be around £15k.
My opinion is he has two options:
1. Submit a tax return showing the true amounts of tax & NIC due prior to 31/01/2013 - being three years after the original filing deadline; or
2. Pay the £6k tax per the determination and after 31/01/2013 HMRC are out of time to amend it.
Does that sound right? Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance!
- Recharge for private use of a company car 320 7
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,163 19
- CGT 313 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 297 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 94 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 245 5
- Compliance check 481 13
- sole trader accountant 740 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 387 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 595 21
- More AE! 469 11
- How to classify an asset 135 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 265 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 170 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 111 2
- Statement of turnover template 180 4
- CGT 112 1
- Importers 209 3
- Micro Entity Accounts 166 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 246 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,067
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 453
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 243
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 210
- Credit where credit's due....... 202
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 178
- Director phone costs 137