Tax Determination & Time Limits
One man band plumber..... hasn't done a tax return for the year to 5 April 2009 and HMRC have now raised a Determination of Tax Due for £6,000 - being estimated income tax and class 4 NIC.
Having looked at the plumbers records - I estimate the true amount of tax to be due for the year to be around £15k.
My opinion is he has two options:
1. Submit a tax return showing the true amounts of tax & NIC due prior to 31/01/2013 - being three years after the original filing deadline; or
2. Pay the £6k tax per the determination and after 31/01/2013 HMRC are out of time to amend it.
Does that sound right? Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance!
- Coming in from the cold 303 3
- Splitting the tax year 151 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 181 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 162 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 147 2
- Submitting tax return 107 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 203 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 255 8
- Director's tax return 329 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 110 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 207 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,068 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 153 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 164 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 241 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 164 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 304
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 255
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 245
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 169