Tax Determination & Time Limits
One man band plumber..... hasn't done a tax return for the year to 5 April 2009 and HMRC have now raised a Determination of Tax Due for £6,000 - being estimated income tax and class 4 NIC.
Having looked at the plumbers records - I estimate the true amount of tax to be due for the year to be around £15k.
My opinion is he has two options:
1. Submit a tax return showing the true amounts of tax & NIC due prior to 31/01/2013 - being three years after the original filing deadline; or
2. Pay the £6k tax per the determination and after 31/01/2013 HMRC are out of time to amend it.
Does that sound right? Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance!
- Do you lose losses on cessation 321 10
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 92 2
- foreign income 94 1
- SA1 Online 45 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 66 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 79 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 331 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 84 1
- White van man 218 8
- Capital allowances offset rule 103 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 113 4
- Worried over stock value 127 1
- Start of letting business when property owner took lodgers prior to letting out 114 2
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,295 22
- Mortgage extended on a rental property 114 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 197 5
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 165 3
- VAT on leased double cabs 86 1
- Backdate C79? 137 1
- Having a Jan blank moment 206 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 818
- Copy Wanted 542
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 497
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 480
- Latest phishing scam 335
- Entrepreneurs' relief 307
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 271
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 270
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 177