Tax Determination & Time Limits
One man band plumber..... hasn't done a tax return for the year to 5 April 2009 and HMRC have now raised a Determination of Tax Due for £6,000 - being estimated income tax and class 4 NIC.
Having looked at the plumbers records - I estimate the true amount of tax to be due for the year to be around £15k.
My opinion is he has two options:
1. Submit a tax return showing the true amounts of tax & NIC due prior to 31/01/2013 - being three years after the original filing deadline; or
2. Pay the £6k tax per the determination and after 31/01/2013 HMRC are out of time to amend it.
Does that sound right? Are there any other options?
Thanks in advance!
- Dispensation pointless ? 409 10
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 451 11
- SME Direct Debit 710 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,002 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 149 6
- Business Christmas Greetings 713 16
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 347 10
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 244 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 649 9
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 298 6
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 274 7
- r&d payable tax credits 60 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 422 3
- CIS gross status review 183 2
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 203 4
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 150 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,132 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 380 10
- Claiming pension relief 81 1
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 262 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 791
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 494
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 306
- How to format a stock book 274
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 214
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 203
- Investment property company accounts template 195
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 169