Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- When to recover vat on bad debts 107 4
- Can't find a good web address 156 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 182 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 204 5
- effective advertising 228 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 184 8
- Software recommendations 311 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 145 3
- Edible spam? 802 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 299 5
- Put fees on website 281 6
- Director resignation 216 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,540 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,324 4
- Sigma Red 1,412 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 341 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 107 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 182 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 451 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 518 7
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 477
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 464
- WIP Software 336
- No payroll scheme in place 288
- Is there anything wrong with this? 258
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 252
- Small Part Disposal of Property 228
- Uncommercial property business 221
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 192
- SA Penalty 181