Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,331 51
- Option to tax by two individuals "together" not as a Ltd company 59 2
- Directors exempt from AE? 405 8
- Cut-off accounting question 276 7
- Freehold management company 45 1
- account in joint names - gift? 153 3
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 478 10
- HMRC site down ? 415 7
- exemptions from CIS 103 2
- Depreciation on purchase of software 410 7
- Class of Shares 179 4
- Contact at HMRC for agents 106 1
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 126 5
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 492 10
- What would you do? 580 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 602 23
- Auto Enrolment 186 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 223 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 114 2
- statutory maternity pay 154 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 387
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 341
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 322
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 306
- Electric Car 260
- S222 Charge 224
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 222
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 200
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 170