Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Auto enrolment 154 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 98 3
- Registration as self-employed 152 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,049 15
- Corporation Tax Software 405 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 88 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 673 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 99 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 155 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 110 4
- Regular Director bonus 453 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 153 1
- BrightPay 1,098 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 542 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 365 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,123 17
- BIK for an electric car 171 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,641 90
- How do I save face? 2,405 14
- Goodie bag 3,122 72
- Possible Partnership? 694
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 538
- Fuming! 519
- New Fangled Penalties 468
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 336
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 278
- Moving away from CCH software 267
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 259
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 208