Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Self employment trap - pension 368 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,645 29
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 576 14
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 161 2
- Payroll Operation post Trading Cessation 101 1
- Companies House 237 4
- When does my Property business start 295 5
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 897 20
- Gross Profit Percentage 298 6
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 236 10
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 163 1
- How to Value a Business 486 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 172 5
- How much did you pay for your website 514 13
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 135 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 390 7
- Company Pension Contributions 278 6
- Expenses allowable 207 3
- Let Property Campaign 397 6
- Awkward IP 629 9
- CTA study material 604
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 598
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 369
- Employment related securities question 228
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 202
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 139
- Expat pension contributions? 133
- Trust for Employee 126