Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,076 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 116 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 595 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 105 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 100 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 157 1
- How to deal with prior year error 150 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 526 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,336 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,046 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 405 4
- Exemption from CGT 231 2
- VAT Registration 240 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 432 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 334 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 187 3
- Moneysoft error 435 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26