Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,026 32
- valuation of vehicles 473 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 260 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 94 1
- Voluntary Disclosure 336 6
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 368 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 444 4
- BTC is slow 287 3
- Director registration for SA question 514 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 434 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 512 22
- Business only use of company car 719 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 522 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 347 4
- New Company reviews please 578 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 341 4
- VAT with Russia 265 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 240 4
- Money Laundering Manual 318 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 264 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 311
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 255
- Any thoughts on Capium? 250
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 247
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 225
- auto enrolment 199
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 185
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 164
- How to account for investment in JV? 163
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 151