Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Deleted question? 730 19
- Accounts Question 95 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,171 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,936 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 698 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,393 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,923 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 649 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 436 4
- VAT Return Errors 174 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 123 5
- inflation rate year on year 150 3
- Yorkshire Day 602 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 188 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 181 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 380 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 148 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 293 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 153 1
- Cancelled 470
- Cancelled 386
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 376
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 261
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 230
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 152