Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Where has Portia gone? 1,110 47
- Spousal transfer and PPR 481 15
- Rogue Accountant 2,956 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 217 4
- deceased creditor 124 5
- Corporate member of LLP 265 1
- Investment company 255 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 320 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 196 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 357 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 82 1
- Transfer of stock 353 12
- Holiday entitlement 543 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 339 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 188 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 249 3
- Football Agent Fees 736 23
- Tax avoidance - Doyou know of a better approval? 646 4
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 500 14
- Dir optimum salary 15/16 1,426 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 778
- RTI - duplicate employee record 520
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 301
- Sanzar 300
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 267
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235
- Report old income 234