Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- VAT Invoice 243 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 102 1
- Cash in Hand 198 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 203 5
- are receipts needed? 642 17
- SA302's anyone?? 629 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 339 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 160 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 360 12
- Busines software 195 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 222 6
- Converting a barn for business use 192 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 324 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 332 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 499 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 348 3
- Bookkeping software 742 7
- Clogged Losses 293 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 288 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 673 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 911
- International interest certificate 525
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 279
- Bonus Bonds 277
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- EXACT ONLINE 172
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 168