Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 187 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 683 10
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 65 2
- Can S455 tax repaid 30 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 313 4
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 630 22
- How to explain this to someone 326 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 80 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 47 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 695 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 278 4
- Old CGT loss 343 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 292 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 171 6
- Start up allowance? 485 13
- New Starter Checklist 341 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 452 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 837 22
- Goodwill complications 357 7
- HMRC Distraint 263 2
- TheTax Donut 1,075
- Follower cases 513
- Hive up 447
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- LIVE chat, starting now 390
- Advice - 225
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 198
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183