Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Commission on holiday accrual 37 1
- error on companies house accounts 81 4
- Newly Started Practice 147 5
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 150 2
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 178 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 173 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 58 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.160 ITEPA 83 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 340 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 217 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 162 2
- Generic Notification Notices 116 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 441 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 111 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 431 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 79 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 241 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 143 1
- fraud 413 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 237 3
- QROP pension input amounts 474
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 413
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 263
- EPS and CIS deductions 259
- Construction CIS LLP Company 245
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 211
- SAGE winforecast 178
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 170
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 165