Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,285 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 78 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 271 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 130 3
- VAT on motor expenses 876 31
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 151 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 178 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 150 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 733 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 381 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 194 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 321 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 99 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 386 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 89 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 320 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 395 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 131 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 94 1
- VAT Registration 455 19
- Skandia using wrong address 1,539
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 847
- International interest certificate 466
- NOVA 324
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 224
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 215
- Bonus Bonds 205
- Management expenses for investment company 201
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 192
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 179