Tax due - no UTR
Pensioner client's wife has CGT due, not on SA as only small pension income.
The couple sold there holiday home and there is a capital gain arising.
I submitted an SA1 and have prepared the Tax Return and computation.
Client has given me a cheque payable to HMRC for the CGT.
So, I think as far as the return is concerned in due course HMRC will ask for a return and I will have three months to file.
What about the tax, should I send the cheque with a covering letter and her NI number on the back, or do I wait for a UTR?
- Why should I retain membership? 2,658 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 165 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 320 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 124 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 384 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,456 18
- Vat 241 4
- CT/CIS offset 113 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 168 4
- Trade name 167 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 309 20
- B2B vat in the EU 107 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 309 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 126 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 404 12
- option to tax 203 1
- Share of profits from building society 102 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 778
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 706
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 387
- Social investment tax relief 205
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 158
- Travel costs and contractors 150
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 144
- Certificates of tax deposit 136