Tax efficient business structure?
I am a sole practitioner, acting for the usual run of the mill small businesses and tradesmen. A relative has asked for advice in setting up a new business venture.
There will be three equal participants in the new business, two UK residents and one French resident. The new business will potentially generate a high income and the participants are keen to minimise their tax liabilities, if possible making use of an offshore structure. I have little experience of this area of tax planning and would not normally take on such work. However, the family connection means that even if I do not act, I would like to point my relative in the right direction. Does anyone have any tax planning suggestions or can you recommend a specialist firm to contact who will not charge the earth for advice?
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 707 20
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 304 1
- Sage 50 accounts 70 3
- Where has Portia gone? 5,672 118
- Do accountants work at home? 94 2
- Abbreviated accounts Companies House 47 1
- Keeping disastrous accounts 516 6
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 471 12
- Help 426 13
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 679 5
- Is a new PAYE scheme needed for incorporated business? 96 3
- P11D Expenses Claims 99 1
- Lost "thanks" 176 2
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 369 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 844 14
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 174 3
- Stock of photos to capatilise 449 18
- Anyone used the firm 'More Clients 4 U? 276 6
- Practice management software 1,177 22
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 201 2