Tax efficient business structure?
I am a sole practitioner, acting for the usual run of the mill small businesses and tradesmen. A relative has asked for advice in setting up a new business venture.
There will be three equal participants in the new business, two UK residents and one French resident. The new business will potentially generate a high income and the participants are keen to minimise their tax liabilities, if possible making use of an offshore structure. I have little experience of this area of tax planning and would not normally take on such work. However, the family connection means that even if I do not act, I would like to point my relative in the right direction. Does anyone have any tax planning suggestions or can you recommend a specialist firm to contact who will not charge the earth for advice?
- Accounting for stolen van? 108 2
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,067 36
- Disengagement Help! 1,321 20
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,143 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 148 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 676 10
- self employed losses 137 1
- Unpaid fees 415 9
- Vat payable on van 304 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 566 13
- AccountingWEB survey 308 2
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 598 12
- Change PAYE agent address 143 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 561 22
- Save QCD's 322 6
- Tax Calculations 763 11
- Bankstream 1,211 28
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 143 1
- Probate services 590 18
- Cash gift from India 440 12