Tax equilisation gone wrong
Any assistance or experience in getting the right result here.
Client worked for international company in many jurisidictions and they operated a tax equilisation scheme to ensure he was no better/worse off from other tax regimes. Fairly common occurrence.
UK tax returns were complied by a Big 4 firm (to save blushes I wont say which).
Client left this employment in 2005/06. Return done and filed. But crucially and my client didnt notice the P60 relating to the equilisation was omitted. He was also not removed from SA system.
He continued to work abroad and returned to UK last year. HMRC raised their heads and demanding payment for 2005/06 and 4 o/s returns. This is where we came in.
Problem is 2005/06 is out of time and HMRC wont accept amendment, they say debt is technically due and as client signed return, tough cheese.
I have tried asking debt collection to waive collection but am getting pretty much nowhere.
Further ideas of who to lean on as this money isnt due.
BTW I dont think a PI claim against one of the worlds biggest firms as going to be the most practical route.
- Matching of tax return to P60 106 3
- VAT chargeable or not? 31 1
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 203 8
- find-accountants.com 104 1
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 104 4
- Related Parties Note 156 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,040 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,216 53
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 778 22
- what time is it ? 340 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 93 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 436 24
- VAT on disbursement 172 2
- tax credits 226 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,057 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 92 1
- LLP - Member leaving 207 6
- Year end 274 3
- Foreign income for self employed 178 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 324 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 924
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 327
- Tax efficient holding company structure 262
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 194
- Charge out rates in London? 162