Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Goodie bag 1,591 53
- can I approach clients ? 438 9
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 132 1
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 150 3
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 137 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 339 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 220 3
- FreeAgent question 122 2
- CIS monthly returns 197 2
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 505 12
- Output tax for retailer 320 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 292 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 143 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 141 1
- CT600 Advice 154 1
- Fair Value Accounting 84 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 168 4
- Companies House Penalties 165 2
- Apostille documents 124 2
- Possible Partnership? 645
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 521
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 388
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 260
- Outsource Data Entry 244
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 232
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178