Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 798 12
- Personal Tax 167 2
- Mortgage Reference 148 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,855 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 142 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,174 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 202 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 162 1
- last minute request 268 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 445 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 114 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 264 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6