Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 2,635 54
- Personal Allowance for non residents 365 9
- Vat 84 3
- PAYE 100 3
- xerocon 71 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,098 10
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 156 1
- VAT: option to tax 113 2
- IHT dilemma 300 11
- Share Valuation 66 2
- Dormant company or not? 317 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 96 1
- Best form of debt recovery 169 3
- Backdating VAT claim 54 1
- WIP recognition for builders 377 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 311 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 193 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 122 2
- Share Issue 220 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 152 11
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 656
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 521
- Auto enrolment excuses 502
- Removed post 370
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 348
- Social investment tax relief 162
- Call Centre Data Costs 156
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 155
- Digita Hosted Software 140
- option to tax 127