Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- AIA and WDA 19 2
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 62 3
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 50 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 178 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 892 40
- What sectors to target? 369 16
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,298 40
- Journals to Creditors Control 78 2
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 454 16
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,162 105
- Refusing to complete a tax return 505 11
- Repayment of maternity pay 118 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 158 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 147 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 896 16
- Self assesment online 608 7
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 253 6
- Practice management 256 4
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 470 6
- More NI or same 154 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 913
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 630
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 588
- Latest phishing scam 555
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 386
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 289
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 213
- Scratch Head 202
- Capital allowances in first basis period 199
- Sabbatical payments 185