Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Accountancy Career 27 1
- CIC Company 644 13
- pension paid by company? 26 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,798 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,232 66
- 27,000 Really? 933 27
- Deduction from Salary 623 15
- inheritance tax 355 11
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 413 5
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 257 7
- Group Audit Thresholds 345 10
- One off meeting new client 1,670 16
- Legal title not in the company name 750 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 274 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 529 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 189 3
- NALS Accountants Report 346 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,235 44
- Farm barn lettings 230 4
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 300 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 392
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 305
- Probiz 298
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 276
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 256
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- How not to compose an email 210