Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 64 3
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 79 2
- ATED Penalties 239 1
- late second payment on account 118 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 327 13
- US royalties 35 2
- Project being run jointly 100 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 155 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 74 3
- Sole trader mix up 260 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 706 6
- What's in a name ? 131 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 874 27
- Help Required 214 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 197 4
- Filing company accounts 118 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 476 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 146 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 246 7
- Bulk Invoicing 144 5
- CTA study material 690
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 417
- Employment related securities question 260
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 191
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 175
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 148
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 105