Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 351 11
- Start-up cost recognition 77 1
- SA316s 73 1
- Lunches 127 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 361 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 113 3
- Generic notification message 248 6
- Property Expenses 205 7
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 694 21
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 803 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 92 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 489 13
- Swiching tax 493 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 248 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,178 18
- Basis periods 88 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 102 2
- CGT on spouse's death 302 11
- Starting Again 316 11
- CT101 Completion 141 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 598
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 586
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 288
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 248
- Accelerated payment notices 231
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 223