Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 842 51
- Self assessment tax arrears 24 1
- Go Cardless 205 6
- R & D 86 3
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 725 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 191 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 45 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 84 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 97 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 87 1
- New Business Registration 195 5
- Audit rules 127 3
- Hosted email exchange 111 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 119 1
- G P life time allowance 92 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 351 11
- Bringing money to Uk 197 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 105 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 103 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 190 5
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 213
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 142