Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Accountant Specialization. 208 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 145 4
- No presenter ID for Companies House - ixbrl 87 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 136 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 141 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 408 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 54 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 574 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 654 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 98 2
- Freelance/Employee 619 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 157 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 307 6
- Is it just me ... 234 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 273 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 99 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 329 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 216 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,506 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 114 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 744
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 404
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 183
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 169
- AIA 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154