Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 108 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,336 108
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 20 1
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 70 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 86 1
- Clients 72 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 285 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 153 2
- Client's company struck off 671 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 107 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 201 3
- Newly Started Practice 322 7
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 166 4
- error on companies house accounts 257 6
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 153 3
- ACCA Accountants Report 151 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 211 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 106 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 173 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 250 3
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 272
- EPS and CIS deductions 263
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 218
- SAGE winforecast 184
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 169