Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 511 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 678 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 295 16
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 74 2
- Personal pension 432 9
- Business rates consultancy 260 4
- Wrong tax code 157 6
- Benefit in Kind 243 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 74 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 256 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,054 31
- Deferred Tax 469 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 206 1
- You know its over 482 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 231 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,271 14
- Cocaine anyone? 621 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 150 2
- Hive up 509
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 451
- Advice - 291
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 236
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 192
- The booking.com con 168
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163