Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 204 4
- Dazed & confused 313 5
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,730 71
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 95 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 101 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 262 7
- trading or dormant 234 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 180 6
- Payroll Liabilities 93 2
- SAGE con 278 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 127 4
- Charity reserves 168 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 108 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,650 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 291 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 166 12
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 157 2
- Tax efficient holding company structure 307 1
- Property scam victim 142 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 145 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,034
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 561
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 370
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 278
- Charge out rates in London? 217
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Personal consumption by landlord 185
- Interest on Loan to a Company 176
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 153
- Agent fees to sell business 148