Tax implications for PAYE with side business income
I work for a business FT and am about 5k away from paying the higher 40% tax rate.
I'm shortly to launch a business as a co-director that should earn me around £2-5k by the summer.
1. What tax form(s) will I need to fill in?
2. Shall I take a salary from the company or can I take all profits as a dividend?
3. If my role was instead as company secretary, would my tax status be different?
Any expert help would be greatly appreciated.
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 173 1
- I do not love you 162 3
- Limited Company 137 3
- Love is in the air 731 10
- Stamp Duty 330 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 741 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 876 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 389 5
- Paying Son 802 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 403 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,071 47
- Setting up a practice 635 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 617 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 560 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 482 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 247 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,868 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 457 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 611 13
- Foreign domicile status 307
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 302
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 262
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 245
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 231