Tax investigations - insurance
I'm just curious about this, not in a position where a client has an investigation coming up.
But if I had such a client, I doubt I'd have the experience to handle anything other than a simple tax office review. A serious investigation would probably be beyond my expertise, if I was intending to give the client the best service etc.
So is it usual to recommend all new clients to purchase fee insurance, etc. And then push them in the direction of a specialist should such a situation arise? Or should I be expected to spot a likely 'potential investigation' client from the start and then recommend the fee insurance?
Who sells fee insurance?
Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid.
- Cash in Hand 148 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 182 5
- are receipts needed? 634 17
- SA302's anyone?? 616 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 332 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 126 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 352 12
- Busines software 164 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 196 6
- Converting a barn for business use 187 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 314 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 317 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 485 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 322 3
- Bookkeping software 731 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 275 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 661 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 327
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 185
- P11D benefit received by widow 165
- EXACT ONLINE 160
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 158