Tax investigations - insurance
I'm just curious about this, not in a position where a client has an investigation coming up.
But if I had such a client, I doubt I'd have the experience to handle anything other than a simple tax office review. A serious investigation would probably be beyond my expertise, if I was intending to give the client the best service etc.
So is it usual to recommend all new clients to purchase fee insurance, etc. And then push them in the direction of a specialist should such a situation arise? Or should I be expected to spot a likely 'potential investigation' client from the start and then recommend the fee insurance?
Who sells fee insurance?
Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid.
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 9 1
- Is it possible and what should be done? 125 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 179 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 386 11
- Unhappy client over fees 1,347 29
- do i need an online accounting software 543 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 97 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 612 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 242 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 998 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 158 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 280 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 117 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 460 12
- Multi user accounting software 108 1
- ACCA student with study package 408 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 404 3
- Flat rate VAT and Work in progress 297 5
- Incorporating doctors 424 1
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 1,511 13
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 473
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 465
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 371
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 261
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 199