Tax investigations - insurance
I'm just curious about this, not in a position where a client has an investigation coming up.
But if I had such a client, I doubt I'd have the experience to handle anything other than a simple tax office review. A serious investigation would probably be beyond my expertise, if I was intending to give the client the best service etc.
So is it usual to recommend all new clients to purchase fee insurance, etc. And then push them in the direction of a specialist should such a situation arise? Or should I be expected to spot a likely 'potential investigation' client from the start and then recommend the fee insurance?
Who sells fee insurance?
Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid.
- payroll software 423 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 213 13
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 265 6
- Cash basis 551 14
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 111 3
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 43 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 249 3
- Statutory sick pay 348 5
- client threatening legal action 2,146 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 146 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 188 1
- Instant CPD offer 310 4
- Income from rent charged to business 187 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 463 5
- Dividend in specie 382 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 191 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 154 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 287 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 304 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 190 3
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 232
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 136
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135