Tax investigations - insurance
I'm just curious about this, not in a position where a client has an investigation coming up.
But if I had such a client, I doubt I'd have the experience to handle anything other than a simple tax office review. A serious investigation would probably be beyond my expertise, if I was intending to give the client the best service etc.
So is it usual to recommend all new clients to purchase fee insurance, etc. And then push them in the direction of a specialist should such a situation arise? Or should I be expected to spot a likely 'potential investigation' client from the start and then recommend the fee insurance?
Who sells fee insurance?
Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid.
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 917 44
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 300 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,247 417
- Is this fraud? 495 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 37 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 257 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 24 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 152 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 141 1
- Naming new company 302 6
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 484 20
- Saying goodbye 528 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 128 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 191 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 646 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 395 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 90 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 791 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,485 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 221 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,281
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 271
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 263
- Franchise income and costs 243
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 151
- Employer's Helpline 151
- employment capital allowances 142