Tax investigations - insurance
I'm just curious about this, not in a position where a client has an investigation coming up.
But if I had such a client, I doubt I'd have the experience to handle anything other than a simple tax office review. A serious investigation would probably be beyond my expertise, if I was intending to give the client the best service etc.
So is it usual to recommend all new clients to purchase fee insurance, etc. And then push them in the direction of a specialist should such a situation arise? Or should I be expected to spot a likely 'potential investigation' client from the start and then recommend the fee insurance?
Who sells fee insurance?
Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid.
- Employment support allowance and self employed 152 5
- Company struck-off 1,329 14
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 146 2
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 410 4
- Registered Office 166 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,493 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 320 5
- Partnership Registration 130 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 918 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 138 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 699 12
- Audit Required 1,190 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 322 9
- Residential Management Companies 104 2
- Value pricing 2,866 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 405 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 400 11
- Payroll software for Mac 128 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 129 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 221 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 948
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 662
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 410
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 335
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 265
- Paye procedures for CVA 254
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 252
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 203
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 195
- Pension Fixed Protection 190