Tax on a let property
I have paid my mortgage completely on my property which is valued at 180k. I want to move to a bigger property. The bigger property is 230k. I want to rent out property one ( hopefully, over 20 years house prices will go up and I'll make a profit). So property one will become a business (residential let). In order to be able to do this I will take out an interest only mortgage on property 2 (175k), and pay 55k cash.
My question is, do I have to pay ax on the £600 rental income on property one? Or is this offset by the £600 interest I'll be paying on property 2.
The only reason I will be taking a mortgage on property 2 is to fund the business (property 1).
Thanks in advance!
- 64-8 problems 219 4
- flat rate scheme 1,687 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 822 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 280 9
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 85 1
- Allocation of income from property 492 14
- Unpaid share capital 166 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 106 1
- Private company division 243 3
- VAT Refunds 119 2
- Company van paid by director 279 3
- Hello 282 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,796 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 191 4
- Employer reference not recognised? 178 2
- Business trips - director and family 296 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 450 10
- Networking 761 6
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 166 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,149 22