Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- Comapny valuation qualifications 100 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 286 5
- Director's tax return 351 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 163 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,092 34
- Flat rate vat 189 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 86 1
- Coming in from the cold 344 3
- Splitting the tax year 167 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 204 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 171 4
- Submitting tax return 178 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 141 1
- Sage Payroll 318 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Value pricing 740 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 261 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 258
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170