Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- Is Hold over relief available? 52 3
- can I claim a per diem 145 2
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 781 10
- Linux Accounting Software 522 11
- Dispensation pointless ? 451 11
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 56 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,173 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 432 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 343 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 216 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 359 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 814 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 482 11
- SME Direct Debit 728 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,077 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 166 6
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 330 6
- r&d payable tax credits 77 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 472 3
- CIS gross status review 200 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 807
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 496
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 308
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 216
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 205
- Investment property company accounts template 200
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 173