Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 71 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,256 19
- Scanners 167 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 81 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 157 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 401 9
- Payment plans for clients 119 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 227 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 241 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 445 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 179 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 794 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 145 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 527 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,158
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 235
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 200
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 136