Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- Accrued salary unpaid 204 4
- Generic notification message 214 4
- Mortgage Adviser's request 293 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 756 37
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,122 18
- Basis periods 39 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 64 2
- CGT on spouse's death 274 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 464 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 67 2
- Starting Again 274 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 635 19
- CT101 Completion 134 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 149 2
- P11D Software 780 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 204 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 271 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 395 10
- Payroll software 191 4
- Company UTR numbers 309 6
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 582
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 382
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 285
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 252
- RTI - duplicate employee record 244
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 216