Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 32 1
- What are options for non CA firm 2,412 53
- I have missing sales invoices 344 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 187 1
- is my company accounts right? 652 16
- Invoice Help 347 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 228 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 344 5
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 351 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 942 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,043 26
- Directors Subsistence 195 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 242 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 420 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 266 3
- Final year's accounts 337 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,919 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,487 20
- Free Shares ? 329 6
- Dividend dates 334 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 225
- Married woman dies owning marital home 216
- Probiz 205
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 162
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 158