Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- Software 191 4
- Director payroll - prorated NI? 162 5
- SA800 Returns 205 4
- state pension statement 704 9
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 233 10
- VAT on EU supplies 25 1
- VAT on purchse from EU supplier but goods were sent outside of EU from supplier 82 1
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 143 4
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 83 1
- Goodwill adjustment 179 5
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 365 22
- Company dividends 317 9
- Broadband costs 147 1
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 97 1
- is PMI for directors and families 130 2
- Non resident income. 190 10
- US-UK pension problem 116 2
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 305 15
- Use of home deduction 383 12
- smp employee made redundant 178 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 846
- Copy Wanted 586
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 529
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 505
- Latest phishing scam 385
- Entrepreneurs' relief 363
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 317
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 304
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 293
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 205