Friend of mine used to run a fried chicken takeaway had a inspection of his book for the pasy year.
His staff used to buy stuff from his supplier contacts using his account number, as he never used to receive statements from them (although he was aware of this) he did not know how much were these private purchases, the HMRC now claims that all the purchases were his business use and therefore uplifted the sales and therefore would lead to potential VAT liability.
but he is determined to stick to that these purchases were not for his business (he obtained letters from his previous staff, admitting that they were used but stuff from suppliers using his name to take advantage of the special offers etc.
Will HMRC accept this?
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks for your time
- The importance of Grammar 1,449 48
- Freelance/Employee 144 6
- Cut-off accounting question 41 1
- VAT - How hard is it? 817 30
- What would you do? 443 3
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 329 7
- tax saving on card points 288 8
- "cycle to work" and self-employment benefit? 336 8
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 253 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 553 17
- Profit split from an investment property 237 7
- VAT & Offshore Companies 259 7
- VAT and customer entertaining 262 4
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,333 11
- Xero Pain Points 579 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 206 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 732 12
- PI cover 260 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 981 15
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,497 39
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 377
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 335
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 314
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 301
- Electric Car 254
- S222 Charge 220
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 202
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 189