Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Annual Report - How to? 351 12
- Double entry 188 5
- FBI2 207 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 190 3
- Companies House 164 4
- Interprise software 85 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 504 19
- Charity accounting 264 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 112 1
- sage 120 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 155 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,059 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 219 4
- Small house in garden 158 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 176 2
- Clients 926 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 296 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 155 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 284 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 541
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 303
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 298
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 220
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 202