Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Account and Taxable Profit 472 21
- Stamp Duty Land Tax changes 104 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 414 9
- loan for one of the associated companies 156 9
- Disengagement Help! 1,069 17
- Probate services 515 13
- Is a deposit received on a failed property transaction in France taxable 143 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,088 20
- nominee shareholder 126 1
- True Potential AE 112 1
- Maternity and claining expenses 477 5
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 334 7
- Bad Debt 93 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 512 27
- Unpaid fees 204 5
- MVL 219 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 540 11
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 826 35
- Claiming for breach of contract 167 3
- Investment in Shares 94 1