Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- What are my legal responsibilities 330 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 79 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 333 4
- No more tax returns... 1,535 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 419 6
- Signed accounts for bank 275 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 473 10
- Landing clients 407 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,151 22
- Termination Payment 196 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 204 3
- CRM / marketing 105 2
- Allocation of income from property 756 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 130 1
- 64-8 problems 519 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 349 10
- Payment on account reminders 243 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 123 3
- Hello 521 4