Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 717 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 493 10
- SA316s 104 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 506 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 360 11
- Start-up cost recognition 88 1
- Lunches 170 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 374 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 121 3
- Generic notification message 251 6
- Property Expenses 215 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 811 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 112 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 499 13
- Swiching tax 500 14
- Accrued salary unpaid 255 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,191 18
- Basis periods 95 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 111 2
- CGT on spouse's death 309 11
- Construction CIS LLP Company 598
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 589
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 288
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 249
- Accelerated payment notices 234
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 225