Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 542 22
- another ir35!!!! 125 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 196 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 772 11
- Settlement, or any other issues? 55 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 70 3
- Buying blocks of fees 333 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 259 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 156 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 133 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 251 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 115 1
- Wear and tear allowance 301 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 637 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 117 3
- tax insider 376 5
- Tax on sale of shares 88 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 223 2
- late payroll registration 95 1
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 492 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,422
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 734
- Any views 668
- HMRC Employers Diary 497
- International interest certificate 412
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 371
- Sale of business 324
- NOVA 233
- Advertising services? 222
- IRIS Open Books problem 214