Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 746 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 204 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,886 29
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 412 24
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 229 5
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,861 64
- Working out a daily rate 96 5
- Auto enrolment 1,207 13
- Payroll dates 99 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 274 8
- Withholding of tax 79 1
- missing 925 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 146 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 87 1
- are receipts needed? 138 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 506 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 191 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 163 7
- Partnership merger 84 1
- Know it alls (who don't) 860 19
- Skandia using wrong address 1,570
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 868
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 246
- Management expenses for investment company 228
- Bonus Bonds 226
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 216
- Help with tax codes on Sage 169
- Capital reduction 160