Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- The stupidity continues 1,876 85
- Capital Event? 101 4
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 110 6
- CGT on transfer of property 198 14
- Transfer of property to director & shareholder 39 1
- Xero Training 324 2
- Do I need to make a P11D provision in Accs? 72 1
- Gift of asset between couple living as husband and wife 80 1
- 45p mileage - stupid question 184 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 364 4
- Cis refund for company 122 2
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,427 26
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 147 5
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 260 5
- Withdrawing company car 172 2
- What is IRIS World like? 456 11
- looking for a practice consultant 279 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 138 2
- AML report needed? 237 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 339 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 449
- WIP Software 313
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 249
- No payroll scheme in place 247
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 223
- Is there anything wrong with this? 220
- Small Part Disposal of Property 208
- Uncommercial property business 197