Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Goodie bag 285 9
- Claiming VAT without invoice 389 5
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 208 2
- Directors loan - no longer a director 370 5
- Career in Practice 182 5
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 87 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 214 7
- Does a Limited Company need a Bank Account to register for VAT 92 1
- Telemarketing 204 5
- Software recommendations? 309 4
- Budget 2015 predictions 246 5
- Husband Wife let property 158 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 456 8
- Relevant life plan 357 8
- Limited Company expenses 396 8
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 215 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 207 3
- how to value rental space 128 3
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 475 5
- Output tax for retailer 268 6
- Possible Partnership? 612
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 503
- New Fangled Penalties 414
- Clubs and Taxable Income 335
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 303
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 263
- Loans to other companies 247
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 228
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 218
- Outsource Data Entry 215