Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- VAT training 303 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 273 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 600 9
- 31st october deadline 372 6
- Property gift to sister 168 4
- RTI Late Registration query 146 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 248 2
- Payroll software 171 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 238 2
- Accounting for display stands 263 7
- Companies House Search 307 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 300 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,517 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 324 3
- A Friday Funny. 352 5
- Something for the weekend? 325 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 569 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,252 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,544 26
- Coming out of flat rate 163 1
- NHS finance professionals 710
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 402
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 387
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 302
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 220