Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 642 5
- See you all on the other side 692 6
- 12Pay 458 2
- dividends 611 2
- R&D 321 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 416 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 373 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 546 5
- Seeking a tax case 642 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 552 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 745 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 904 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 210 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,092 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 503 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Marginal rates of tax 293
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Class 2 NI 279