Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,830 444
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 833 8
- capital gains on PPR 257 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 372 14
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 229 4
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 200 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 204 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,301 62
- Company expansion 112 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 385 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 503 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 527 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,482 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 267 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 202 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 183 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 304 9
- PRR 376 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 418 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 326 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 159