Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Copy Wanted 600 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 39 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 50 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 54 3
- Software 280 7
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,372 81
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 441 16
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 236 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 148 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 129 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 109 1
- Closing a limited company 164 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 120 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 122 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 351 6
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 417 23
- Broadband costs 208 2
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 305 11
- Use of home deduction 454 14
- Non resident income. 217 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 851
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 535
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 506
- Latest phishing scam 392
- Entrepreneurs' relief 370
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 325
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 309
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 297
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 207
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 182