Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,761 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 58 1
- Late Registration for VAT 160 5
- Registering a company late 217 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 260 4
- physiotherapy clinic 545 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,895 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,004 25
- Deferred Tax 115 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 66 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 404 7
- How much of your work is admin? 165 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,790 19
- Goodwill complications 144 2
- Personal pension 213 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 171 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 294 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 248 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 984 26
- TheTax Donut 1,009
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 669
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 617
- Follower cases 484
- Limited company purchase of property 410
- Hive up 406
- corporate hierarchy 378
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 373
- LIVE chat, starting now 317
- AIA or IFA 206