Tax query overseas client
I have had a query from a client based in Cyprus looking to relocate to the UK with his family (runs own web design business). He intends to send this son to private school and wants to pay the school fees from the business (will not be able to justify this as a business expense). If he takes a dividend/ withdraws money from the business and brings it into the UK, will he have to pay any UK tax on it?
Also if he starts to run the business from the UK, will the company have to pay corporation tax?
Is there any way he can bring money from Cyprus in to the UK without having to pay any tax on it.
Is their any useful guidance on tax related issues for overseas settlers to the UK, the HMRC guidance is very long and complicated!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 146 4
- Furniture Rental Business 24 1
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 335 2
- Are Bursaries Taxable 62 2
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 307 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 129 3
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 388 5
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,915 38
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 946 15
- Unallocated client money 162 5
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 328 5
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 126 2
- Client Death 503 8
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 188 6
- Expenses Apps 133 1
- Tick & Bash Bristol 534 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 158 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 137 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 204 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 158 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 597
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 472
- Sorry ignore me 367
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 275
- Cancelled 235
- Cancelled 202
- Bartercard 167
- C79 Discrepancy 163
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 151