Tax relief on charitable donations abroad?
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help. I have a client who wants her company to donate to a charity abroad. It is a registered charity abroad, which she got involved with and is passionate about the work they do. I am not sure if the same tax relief rules apply for donations abroad. Called HMRC and they do not seem to be able to give me a decent answer or point me to any document or guide.
I would be very grateful if anyone has knowledge on this area.
- VAT refund 289 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,258 37
- flat rate scheme 53 2
- Turnover on a tax return 520 12
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 71 2
- incorrect old p60 549 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 85 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 176 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 127 1
- Special dividends & CGT 193 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 169 1
- Networking 345 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 271 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 302 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 151 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 331 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 280 2
- IT Contractor 282 1
- Sage instant account codes 199 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 298 1