Tax relief on charitable donations abroad?
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help. I have a client who wants her company to donate to a charity abroad. It is a registered charity abroad, which she got involved with and is passionate about the work they do. I am not sure if the same tax relief rules apply for donations abroad. Called HMRC and they do not seem to be able to give me a decent answer or point me to any document or guide.
I would be very grateful if anyone has knowledge on this area.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 219 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 160 6
- Start up allowance? 462 13
- Old CGT loss 324 9
- New Starter Checklist 303 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 439 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 810 22
- Goodwill complications 349 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 585 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 255 3
- HMRC Distraint 247 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 210 2
- Will I need to resign? 696 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 132 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 391 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 459 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,049 16
- How to explain this to someone 279 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,428 20
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 665 15