Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 262 5
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 606 19
- Loss Relief 174 3
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 25 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 255 3
- Professional Clearance 407 14
- Property Expenses - Allowable 291 4
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,259 35
- SA302's anyone?? 185 6
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,127 13
- do i pay vat when buying a business 363 21
- VAT errors 120 3
- Introduction of Goodwill 814 15
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 176 5
- VAT & Landlords 259 7
- are receipts needed? 438 13
- Capital reduction 201 1
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 306 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 148 4
- CIC accounts submission 178 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,597
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 355
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 264
- Bonus Bonds 247
- Management expenses for investment company 247
- Help with tax codes on Sage 190
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 154
- Clogged Losses 152