Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- HMRC filing meltdown? 806 26
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 102 4
- Designated sole Residence 51 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 225 9
- Anybody still doing returns? 518 21
- no utr 223 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,084 49
- Director drawings 574 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 255 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 52 1
- Capital Loss 79 3
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 649 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 403 6
- LLP formed in 2013 72 1
- Clothing 472 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 157 7
- Practice management 436 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 125 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,687 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,704 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 946
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 616
- Latest phishing scam 593
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 430
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 321
- Scratch Head 258
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 188