Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 828 8
- capital gains on PPR 252 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 369 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,817 443
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 214 4
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 185 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 184 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,300 62
- Company expansion 104 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 382 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 502 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 526 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,482 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 262 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 196 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 176 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 300 9
- PRR 374 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 416 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 325 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 158