Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 305 10
- I forgiven loan an Output? 70 1
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 173 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 152 4
- Audacity 1,293 22
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 175 4
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 683 8
- partnership first tax return 117 1
- Payroll got out of synch 366 11
- Charitable incorporated organisation 81 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 269 3
- tax credits 160 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 287 9
- Legitimate Expectation 182 2
- What do do about VAT? 475 14
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 99 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,097 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 177 2
- Client right to working papers 1,257 8
- Stamp duty or SDLT payable on admission to a partnership? 180 3
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 269
- Thinning income 266
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 219
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198