Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 141 4
- Accountants' Error 693 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 144 3
- Scoot 183 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 152 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 199 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,453 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 200 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 231 2
- Auto enrolment 192 3
- Shareholder agreement 172 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 195 3
- Company Reorganisation 164 3
- Employee Loan 207 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 465 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 594 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 150 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,450
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 764
- Any views 697
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 424
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 389
- Sale of business 355
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 254
- IRIS Open Books problem 246