Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 625 5
- See you all on the other side 681 6
- 12Pay 445 2
- dividends 599 2
- R&D 312 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,172 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 436 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 398 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 369 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 539 5
- Seeking a tax case 637 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 502 4
- Companies house strike off 535 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 417 2
- Moving to the cloud 737 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 215 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 895 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 207 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,090 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 492 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 323
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 296
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 289
- Marginal rates of tax 281
- Class 2 NI 268