Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,231 45
- practice planning 152 3
- Accounts Software 710 19
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 239 9
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 499 14
- Dividend Vouchers 377 5
- Gift to employee 413 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 162 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 152 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,117 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 187 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 159 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,665 10
- Which address 1,079 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 615 20
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,522 17
- R&D tax claim 264 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 553 9
- Tax Allowance on University Course 211 1
- Transfer of a business 133 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 489
- CTA study material 467
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 339
- Pre incorp expenses 323
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 274
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 265
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 214
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 169
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 140
- Employment related securities question 129