Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Capital gain or not? 76 3
- EC VAT 147 5
- Accountant software 224 3
- Forecasting Software 183 2
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 308 10
- Renting property to yourself 201 5
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,788 21
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 364 5
- Which software for practice books? 265 5
- Employer wishes to meet the cost of a number of employees childcare costs 83 3
- LTD company late penalties 247 4
- Sub Post master / NIC 111 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,502 29
- Pension contributions > £50k BRB effect 41 1
- Tax residence 69 1
- Interim 2013 Tax Returns submitted as NIL 232 5
- Inheritance tax 177 11
- Pension contributions limits 175 8
- Partnership tax returns 142 2
- PPR election - what do you think? 144 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 616
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 477
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 444
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 274
- How to format a stock book 222
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 192
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 178
- Tax efficient holding company structure 165
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 148