Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 82 2
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 178 7
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 226 8
- Payroo Employer allowance query 239 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 354 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 111 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 171 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 296 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 129 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 436 5
- Director's tax return 383 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 170 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,117 34
- Flat rate vat 215 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 188 5
- Coming in from the cold 369 3
- Splitting the tax year 183 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 216 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 183 4
- Submitting tax return 220 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 813
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 559
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 429
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 311
- Free Tax Legislation? 285
- Director Loan account operation 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 252
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 171