Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- Council setting up 'sham' LLP as trading arm? 117 2
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 472 5
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,051 74
- subsistence: help with BIM47705 interpretation 46 1
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 231 6
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,443 25
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,961 47
- inflation rate year on year 198 4
- Accounts Question 186 5
- Deleted question? 778 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,234 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 745 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 674 3
- VAT Return Errors 217 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 187 5
- Yorkshire Day 630 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 206 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 390 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 162 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 300 7
- Cancelled 474
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 360
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 187
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 163
- Employee Benefit Trust 155