Tax relief please!
Mr A and Mrs B are married
Mr A is an employee of a company not related to Mrs B, he is not a director.
Mrs B is a sole trader with losses as at 05.04.11 of £15k+
Mr A wishes to spent £25,000 on a new unit for Mrs B's business
Mr A would obviously like to get some return on the cost of the loan he is taking out to fund the purchase.
An "at arms length" rental agreement may well be challenged by HMRC and would not be beneficial from a tax point of view, as income would be being moved from non-tax paying Mrs B to tax paying Mr A.
Mr A could become a partner with an agreement that profits would be allocated after the loan interest costs were allocated to Mr A. But this would only seem to work if the partnership continues to make losses!
Mr A and Mrs B are not keen on the idea of Mr A forming a limited company to receive the rent, and taking the income via divdends.
Has anyone got any ideas?
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,764 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 74 1
- Late Registration for VAT 161 5
- Registering a company late 219 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 265 4
- physiotherapy clinic 547 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,899 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 82 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,006 25
- Deferred Tax 120 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 71 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 406 7
- How much of your work is admin? 167 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,792 19
- Goodwill complications 145 2
- Personal pension 215 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 175 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 296 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 253 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 988 26
- TheTax Donut 1,011
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 671
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 619
- Follower cases 485
- Limited company purchase of property 413
- Hive up 408
- corporate hierarchy 379
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 376
- LIVE chat, starting now 320
- AIA or IFA 208