Tax on rent
Mr A no longer has a mortgage and wants to retire to another part of the country.
He cannot, however, sell his house after months of trying so he decides to let out his house and rent elsewhere.
As he will be far away he will need it managed so he is out of pocket already; the taxman, however, makes it even worse as he has to pay tax on the rent he receives (less expenses which are not huge) but cannot claim tax relief on the rent he will pay.
This seems very unfair to Mr A; the question is, is there anything that can be done to mitigate this?
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 226 2
- Payment on account reminders 131 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,745 26
- Allocation of income from property 665 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 396 10
- CTA 256 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 355 11
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 125 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 47 1
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 771 22
- Time values in Excel 160 3
- No more tax returns... 1,392 12
- bookkeeping system 564 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 180 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 232 6
- International VAT 131 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 659 9
- Insurance payout 152 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 539 11
- RTI / P11d 193 2