I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 206 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 218 5
- Classic cars investment 311 9
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 460 10
- Gift or Capital Gain? 432 13
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 754 17
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 627 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 204 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,132 29
- BrightPay 733 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 116 3
- VAT silly question 2,517 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 83 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,909 44
- VAT Adjustments 176 5
- Tronc Scheme 108 1
- How much to charge? 402 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 255 6
- Sell business after leaving country 248 5
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 424 7
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 451
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 441
- New Fangled Penalties 252
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 239
- Clubs and Taxable Income 230
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 226
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 214
- Loans to other companies 176