I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- HMRC filing meltdown? 420 14
- Why do I do this every year 277 7
- Childcare voucher schemes 238 9
- IHT and US resident 27 1
- What sectors to target? 574 29
- closing limited company 109 1
- Limited Companies Merger 200 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 128 1
- Practice management 371 7
- IHT and cash gifts 236 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 499 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,571 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 241 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 220 18
- eBay trading 224 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 255 10
- Self assesment online 927 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,130 46
- childcare 116 3
- Rent a room scheme query. 144 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 922
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 641
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 572
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 407
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 306
- Scratch Head 232
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 225
- Sabbatical payments 192
- Negligible Value Claim 167