I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,961 20
- LLP members share of profits 334 17
- Accountancy software for an imac 142 3
- Value pricing 1,982 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 544 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 401 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 119 1
- VT accounts licence key 535 9
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 91 1
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 82 1
- SDLT on land 89 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 100 1
- VAT Option to tax 245 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 93 2
- Current tax asset 126 2
- Grants 190 5
- Tricky VAT question 421 4
- Audit Required 980 20
- Ex Gratia payment via Payroll 249 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 876
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 281
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 271
- Paye procedures for CVA 202