I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,088 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 132 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 605 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 127 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 129 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 177 1
- How to deal with prior year error 176 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 544 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,346 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,052 20
- Tax Calculations 660 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 420 4
- Exemption from CGT 254 2
- VAT Registration 260 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 469 14
- Autumn statement predictions 453 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 359 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 202 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 650 26