I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- When to include value of import in Box 7 64 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 164 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 306 7
- Capital gain? 80 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,249 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 268 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 349 8
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 415 8
- vat help for catering concession 276 10
- IHT dilemma 1,156 17
- Tax return software for remote working 234 3
- CGT 337 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 322 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 111 2
- Compliance check 514 13
- sole trader accountant 791 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 402 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 605 21
- More AE! 506 11
- How to classify an asset 165 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,080
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 780
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 464
- Digita Hosted Software 281
- Call Centre Data Costs 252
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 228
- Credit where credit's due....... 220
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 208
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 188
- Director phone costs 151