I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- VAT: Passing on Import Duty 69 2
- Still they come 60 1
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 380 10
- Limited Company 170 5
- Selling a practice 250 3
- How much to charge 148 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 201 4
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 428 8
- Accounting Software 322 4
- Share issue 183 10
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,100 14
- PSA Agreements 369 6
- VAT reverse charges 275 3
- Mobile phone and P11D 195 3
- Benefits to having a partner as director and shareholder, even though not acting as one or taking dividends!? 795 19
- Dividend in Specie on demerger 150 2
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 259 6
- P11D Rejection 350 8
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 637 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 331 5
- Theatre Tax Relief 430
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 336
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 316
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 300
- Perkbox 254
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 234
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 233
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 214
- Document Management Systems 202
- WIP Software 188