I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 730 7
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 30 1
- Lorry Drivers 214 3
- Undeclared rental income 816 10
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 195 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 187 4
- Money laundering POCA 345 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 67 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 123 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 368 3
- client threatening legal action 1,967 29
- Incorporation Relief 170 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,011 187
- Can I claim mileage? 308 6
- limited company for IR35 163 1
- Ir35 test 145 2
- payroll software 274 2
- Mexican student in UK 187 4
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 235 2
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 98 2
- Skandia using wrong address 510
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 282
- Employee rewards 266
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 239
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 230
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 128