I am a Spanish lawyer based in Marbella hence Spanish tax resident. I am also a UK Solicitor and since August 2010 a UK Notary Public. Only since July 2012 I have started practicing as a a sole practitioner Notary and have started invoicing (modest amounts as it is just the beginning).
I tried to apply for a NI number in September 2012 but my application was refused as they said I had not demonstrated my activity. Obviously as a sole practitioner, I have no employment contract.
I spend in Spain most of my time and my main source of income is in Spain, my wife and children also live in Spain but I fly to the UK approximately one week every month to attend my UK clients and I do not envisaging spending more time in the UK.
I am unsure whether according to the UK-Spain Double Tax Treaty, I effectively need to declare my UK income in the UK and eventually pay taxes there ,which may however be the case (section 14).
Just in case, I have booked another appointment on 11th February to be assigned an NI number as I understand the financial year ends 31st March and I trust that I will now have more evidence to prove my activity and albeit modest, some income.
I would be thankful if you would can help me out with this case :)
VAT - Is Non Established UK business rule will be applied to me and do i have to register for VAT in UK?
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 225 5
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 363 17
- 40% rule for travel expenses 155 1
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 312 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,121 56
- Cash injection by shareholder 130 3
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 271 8
- PRR 258 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 173 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,482 424
- corp tax software 354 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 444 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 467 7
- Which tax box 191 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 132 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 250 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 214 6
- References for clients 215 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 159 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 137 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,299
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 464
- National Insurance 361
- Non Resident 280
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 210
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 170
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 151
- CIS paid under reg 9 144