Tax Return for 2011 just received
I wonder if anyone can advise me on what is happening with the HMRC. For info I haven't need to do complete a tax return for the past 7 years due to be a lower rate taxpayer.
Early last year I received 2 P800 notices for the years 2008/09 and 2009/10. These were raised due to my work related expenses being included on my P11D's by my employer who didn't have the necessary dispensations to exclude them.
I wrote to HMRC explaining the amounts in the P800s were for airfares/hotel bills etc which I incurred wholly in respect of my job and there was therefore a corresponding expense for these. In this letter I also asked them to let me know what I needed to do to have the P800s amended or withdrawn. This letter was sent by registered post last April 2011 time and I checked the tracking at the time to make sure it had been received. Further to my letter I had no reply to HMRC, so sent a follow up letter around June 2011 to which I also had no reply.
Two weeks ago I received a letter from HMRC (the first since their letter from April last year) stating that I hadn't replied to them re the P800s and owed them the amounts specified on them, payment to be made by 24 September.
I again wrote to them last pretty much stating what the previous 2 letter from me had said and also including copes of those letters for there info.
Today I received a paper copy of a blank self assessment tax return for 2011, it is just the form with my name, address, reference etc manually completed, together with a blank employment notes form. There was no cover letter or explanation included with the forms.
Can anyone throw some light on what is happening? I assume the tax return has been sent due my letter of last week but I don't understand why I have been sent a tax return to complete for 2011 when the P800s relate to 2009 and 2010. Also is it normal for HMRC to send a tax return for completion 18 months after the relevant year end?
Thanks in advance
- Joint arrangement but not an entity (JANE) ?? 79 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 86 2
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 377 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 399 10
- Repayment of Share Capital 65 1
- Self employed care worker 521 12
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 203 1
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 201 1
- Auto enrolment 438 8
- Audacity 942 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 389 7
- Late registration for MOSS 246 5
- Revaluation of Brands etc 271 5
- Client right to working papers 376 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 549 6
- Professional Clearance 1,066 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 285 5
- Illegal share transfer 461 5
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 179 2
- Company Strike off 1,852 30
- NHS finance professionals 535
- VAL231 408
- Mother and son property ownership 381
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 360
- Foreign Pension Contribution 332
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 307
- vat gross profit percentage margins 286
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 285
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 259
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 226