Is a tax return needed for this small amount?
My mum used to be PAYE. She is now retired & jointly owns a property with my dad.
Her state pension is taxed at source.
The only other income she has is from the property, which I have worked out would be £257 tax owed in the 2011/12 tax year.
Does she need to register for SA and complete a tax return for this small amount? I have read the HMRC guidance which states you only need to do SA if your income from property is £2500 after allowable expenses (her share of the property income is £1285.32).
I can't believe that HMRC wouldn't want the £257 tax owed???! Can anyone enlighten me?
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 269 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 594 9
- 31st october deadline 366 6
- Property gift to sister 149 4
- RTI Late Registration query 142 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 218 2
- Payroll software 142 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 212 2
- Accounting for display stands 231 7
- Companies House Search 299 3
- VAT training 282 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 276 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,513 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 318 3
- A Friday Funny. 324 5
- Something for the weekend? 287 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 557 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,252 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,539 26
- Coming out of flat rate 160 1
- NHS finance professionals 709
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 402
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 219