Is a tax return needed for this small amount?
My mum used to be PAYE. She is now retired & jointly owns a property with my dad.
Her state pension is taxed at source.
The only other income she has is from the property, which I have worked out would be £257 tax owed in the 2011/12 tax year.
Does she need to register for SA and complete a tax return for this small amount? I have read the HMRC guidance which states you only need to do SA if your income from property is £2500 after allowable expenses (her share of the property income is £1285.32).
I can't believe that HMRC wouldn't want the £257 tax owed???! Can anyone enlighten me?
- What are options for non CA firm 2,593 56
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,282 33
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 721 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,361 28
- Dividend dates 460 8
- R&D tax credit claim 199 5
- PITA client 123 2
- CIS Deductions 263 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 72 1
- is this fraud? 749 13
- Married woman dies owning marital home 473 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,483 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 202 5
- Not a good start no broadband 470 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 167 2
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 210 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 86 1
- Intrastat triangulation 70 1
- CGT 152 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 193 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 592
- Cancelled 344
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 239
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 178
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 170
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151