Is a tax return needed for this small amount?
My mum used to be PAYE. She is now retired & jointly owns a property with my dad.
Her state pension is taxed at source.
The only other income she has is from the property, which I have worked out would be £257 tax owed in the 2011/12 tax year.
Does she need to register for SA and complete a tax return for this small amount? I have read the HMRC guidance which states you only need to do SA if your income from property is £2500 after allowable expenses (her share of the property income is £1285.32).
I can't believe that HMRC wouldn't want the £257 tax owed???! Can anyone enlighten me?
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 189 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 310 14
- Cash basis 732 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,947 31
- 5th April 28 1
- When & How much of Income to recognise 77 1
- Cash basis 82 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,533 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 76 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 509 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 108 2
- s455 Directors loan 167 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 67 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,178 8
- Non resident capital gains 86 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 415 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 339 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 533 6
- payroll software 512 9
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 148
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132