Is a tax return needed for this small amount?
My mum used to be PAYE. She is now retired & jointly owns a property with my dad.
Her state pension is taxed at source.
The only other income she has is from the property, which I have worked out would be £257 tax owed in the 2011/12 tax year.
Does she need to register for SA and complete a tax return for this small amount? I have read the HMRC guidance which states you only need to do SA if your income from property is £2500 after allowable expenses (her share of the property income is £1285.32).
I can't believe that HMRC wouldn't want the £257 tax owed???! Can anyone enlighten me?
- VAT on non-denominated postage 153 4
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 204 4
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 66 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 152 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 840 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 539 14
- SA316s 196 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 73 1
- Swiching tax 535 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 746 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 515 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 534 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 378 11
- Start-up cost recognition 113 1
- Lunches 267 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 402 8
- Generic notification message 262 6
- Property Expenses 224 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 172 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 271 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 607
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 266
- RTI - duplicate employee record 258
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228